LumenVox CPA integration

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

LumenVox CPA integration

Postby brucem » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi Matt, has anyone successfully integrated LumenVox Call Progress Analysis (CPA) to Vicidial Yet? You mentioned this at the Miami IT Expo. Thanks
brucem

Re: LumenVox CPA integration

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 am

Nope, although it is something we would still like to explore.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby brucem » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am

Lumenvox Call Progress Analysis (CPA) will allow more accurate results for pre connect detection of bad numbers (operator intercepts, disconnected numbers, etc..) on SIP carrier lines and likely better post connect for live person/answer machine/fax detection.

I talked to Jeff Harrison and Matt Warshal at Lumenvox and here is what I found out.

* Lumenvox CPA is supported on CentOS 6 and Asterisk 1.8. May work with OpenSuse but not officially supported at this time.
* Module UniMRCP Needs installed and configured on Linux.
* Need Vicidial developer to integrate Lumenvox CPA into dial calls and responses.

Here are links with some details
http://www.lumenvox.com/knowledgebase/i ... /186/0/10/
http://www.lumenvox.com/pdf/OneSheet-CPA.pdf

* Lumenvox will give us free development license and answer support questions to get this integrated
* We will pledge $1000 to project

We would really like to get the ball rolling on this and will help where we can. Is this something you can help us get scheduled to be integrated?
Thanks
brucem

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:20 am

I have talked to people from Lumenvox recently about integration, but haven't had the time needed to dedicate to working on it. It is something we have on our future development list.

We have no interest in CentOS support, since it has proven to us to be less efficient, more difficult to manage and less stable in production. If we can't get this to work with OpenSuSE, then we won't be integrating with it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby brucem » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 am

Matt what I will do is work with Lumenvox and see if I can get the basic CPA product working on Opensuse 12.3 and Asterisk 1.8 and let you know how it goes.
brucem

Postby roger.milligan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 am

Hi Matt and Bruce

This seems to be the most recent post on the Forum about using LumenVox AMD with ViciDial. Has any progress been made in the past 2 years? Could you put me in touch with someone who has experience with this?

We have a customer who would like to explore moving beyond the standard Asterisk AMD - a 300 seat ViciDial call centre. We are in contact with Sangoma as well, but it seems from other posts on the forum that they are not favoured anymore.

Thanks

Roger
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Milligan
Thrive, Cape Town, South Africa.
Mobile: +27 791412325 rogerm(at)thrivedatasolutions(dot)com
roger.milligan

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:00 am

Basically there was zero interest among our clients in paying for Lumenvox CPA integration. It's not a simple project either, so it would be expensive to do. To integrate it to the level we have done with Sangoma's CPA would probably be a $14,000 USD project, and would take us a couple months, that is if we received free support and testing licenses from Lumenvox of course. If not, the cost would be much higher.

At this point, we still have several clients actively using Sangoma's CPA. It is fairly stable if you run it under the right circumstances, and understand its limitations.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 pm

I'd do the integration for free, just put me in touch with the people at lunenvox that have a dev license and I'll get it started
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

My last request to the people at Lumenvox went unanswered.

Although, a few months ago we did have a rather long discussion with one of our clients that had been using Lumenvox CPA on their highly customized system. It is not as full featured as Sangoma CPA, it doesn't do pre-Answer analysis, and it can take up to 8 seconds post-Answer to return a response. In short, they aren't using it anymore either.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Yea that's pretty much pointless
bobbymc

Return to Features