also did svc upgrade

now my version is
VERSION: 2.12-538a
BUILD: 160122-1401
1.8.32.3-vici asterisk version

so what is the procedure to upgrade to Asterisk 11

now when i run zipper update i am getting

Code: Select all
linux-6:/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk # zypper update                                     Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

The following 3 package updates will NOT be installed:
  dahdi-linux dahdi-linux-kmp-default libsrtp1

Nothing to do.
VERSION: 2.12-548a
BUILD: 160331-2204
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Revision:2504
Merchant007

Re: Upgrade Vicibox v6 asterisk 1.8 to Asterisk 11

Postby williamconley » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Method 1:

Install asterisk 11 manually. Then update Admin->Servers->{choose the server} to reflect the asterisk version you just installed. (Yes, there is a field specifically for the asterisk version).

Challenge: You have to get the Vicidial-modified version of asterisk 11. They have a few minor code changes. It should be available for download from their site, but I have not personally looked for it. The method to uninstall asterisk and re-install a fresh copy is listed in several places on this forum.

Method 2: (Recommended)

Install a fresh server with Vicibox 7 ... and move your database into the new server.

This leaves your old server intact and usable until you've certified the new system.

You will still need to update Admin->Servers->{choose the server} to reflect the asterisk version you just installed.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Merchant007 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:10 am

no major advantages rite for all the troubles i have to undertake to upgrade ? , other than minor changelog list on Asterisk website?

Code: Select all
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/New+in+11
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Merchant007

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:30 am

No advantages at all. Different asterisk version does not imbue your vicidial server with any new features.

You can upgrade Vicidial (the dialer software) in place without the need for upgrading Vicibox (the installation package that provides the environment for Vicidial) at all.

Upgrade instructions for Vicidial are on the Vicidial Wiki site. Absolutely not necessary to upgrade the OS or any portion thereof to upgrade the dialer software and get all the new features therein.
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:16 am

Actually, we are working on a native VICIdial WebRTC browser-phone that will require Asterisk 11 to work :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Merchant007 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 am

awesome :)
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Merchant007

Postby dspaan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 am

My situation is kind of similar.

I have a Vicibox 6.0.3 server with asterisk 1.8 which i want to upgrade to vicibox 8 with asterisk 11.

What i did was use the standard vicidial backup script to create the tarballs and then move them over to the vicibox 8 and extract them and import the database.

But when i logged in as agent the server dialed my on my extension and i could also dial a phone from the agent screen through manual dial and call my own mobile but there would be no audio and the call would be terminated because of lack of RTP traffic. I also would not hear the 'you're the only person in this conference' message.

Any ideas?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby thephaseusa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Do you have the ports for RTP open on your asterisk server? 10000-20000?
thephaseusa

Postby dspaan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes they were open
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
dspaan

Postby thephaseusa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:04 pm

If you don’t hear the woman’s voice say You are the only one in this conference then you aren’t ready to dial. Does your softphone ring when you try to login? You answer the call and don’t hear the woman’s voice? What does asterisk’s cli say when you are trying to log in?
thephaseusa

Postby williamconley » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 pm

dspaan wrote:What i did was use the standard vicidial backup script to create the tarballs and then move them over to the vicibox 8 and extract them and import the database.

You're not done. The old server had a different IP and a different version of Asterisk. The non-edited .conf files may have been brought from the previous server, thus they are for the wrong version of asterisk. The externip value in sip.conf may be wrong also. And the generated .conf files will be generated using the asterisk version in admin->Servers, which may still be from the prior system (wrong version of asterisk).

So: Admin->Servers verify all the values are correct and apply to this new machine. Change as needed. Modify the /etc/asguiclient.conf file and verify that the values are correct and apply to this server. Also, for best results, "perl install.pl" with copy sample configuration files option so the proper noneditable .conf files are loaded. Reset "externip" after loading the sample configuration files (it'll get hammered, along with any other customizations). Note that this is not an optional thing: Newer versions of Vicidial utilize new values in the conf files. Especially when you change Asterisk versions.

Customizing those .conf files should be kept to an absolute minimum (if at all). And remember that any customizations may have to be re-written for newer versions due to technical language changes (| was replaced with , a while back, I'm not prepared to say no other changes will happen ...). This also applies to carrier entries. Vicidial will change the generated file's coding, but anything you've manually entered anywhere may fall into the "deprecation trap". Don't forget any admin->system settings custom dialplan entries or anywhere else in the system you have any manually-entered code. Formats change, it's worth a quick review each time you perform a major upgrade.

Reboot when done. Make sure new .conf files are created (change a phone or carrier and verify that the files are re-created with the new values).

Note that during perl install.pl there is a request for the asterisk version with a list of options. Be sure one of those options is chosen literally. Don't type it. Common sense doesn't apply: Copy/paste one of the provided values into the field.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:27 am

Thanks Bill! Still hunting here...

I dediced to use Vicibox 6.0.3 to move over the server to the new host, since that was the one that was used for the source server. Lesson learned, do not use zypper up -y! That breaks stuff for sure on an older vicibox version since the respositories are not working anymore for a part and also it changes the OS files compared to the source server (altough on that one zypper might have been used at one point).

The problem i have now is that asterisk is running and i can login as agent and do outbound campaign generated calls but inbound isn't working. I'm getting this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26723

And for instance when i untar CONF.tar backup file and check /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf i see the voicemailbox entries from the old server but after i set the server to rebuild conf files the voicemail.conf file is overwritten by the default one and the voicemail boxes are gone. What could be causing this?

And yes i did run ADMIN_update_server_ip.pl. I also changed the IP for the server and extern IP on the server page, and asterisk version matches with what i see on console.1.8.29.0-vici

Astguiclient.conf is identical to the old server. Everything should be the same but i must have overlooked something.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:28 pm

dspaan wrote:use Vicibox 6.0.3 to move over the server to the new host

Nope. You want to use the latest Vicibox. Older versions will install older asterisk again. You'll be fighting an uphill battle you can't win. Another description: Reinventing the wheel.

Given the odds, your new installation has the newest version of Vicidial (SVN revision level) or at least not identical to the one you previously had. Vicidial's scripts MUST match the DB schema. Each revision level has a db schema. If you update the dB schema to match the scripts, you still have "older asterisk" on an older outdated OS you can't update or upgrade (if zypper up fails, what do you think will happen when you try to upgrade Asterisk and all supporting software? and webrtc has serious security concerns that older OSs can't deal with ...)

The easiest way to resolve this with Zero danger to the prior machine:
* Install a fresh server with Vicibox 8.x.x (most recent installer, certify this box! verify outbound autodial)
* Back up your DB and restore onto the new box.
* Upgrade the DB using the UPGRADE instructions in the /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk folder
* Update the server's settings in Admin->Servers (this was brought from the old system and is obviously wrong: Asterisk version at least, probably IP)
* Update the system settings in Admin->System Settings (this was brought from the old system and is obviously wrong: IP/domain of the audio store? VM server?)
* Run the IP update script. Manually enter the previous system's IP and the new system's IP.
* Reboot
* Recertify the server

Now you have all your old data in a new server and everything works. You can rsync your audio files. You can run the script that updates the audio recording links. You can also re-customize any custom files/pages. Don't do that until after you've recertified the server with the stock code, of course. And verify functionality after each customization so you know which one you just screwed up.

The likely reason your VM conf file is being hammered is because the new system doesn't know who it is or is using the wrong codebase and can't write the file. Or both.
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Excellent guide Bill! I did find out why voicemail.conf wasn't being updated and it was because like you said i didn't change the voicemail server in system settings.

I have followed the steps outlined and most functionality back now. The only problem i'm left with is inbound not working:

NOTICE[2209][C-00000000]: chan_sip.c:25909 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate device "Telforce" <sip:0031XXXXXXXXX@myprovider.com:5080>;tag=as476df9f7

When i use another SIP account from the same provider inbound calls work without problems so it must be a combination between the specific SIP trunk and the new server. All settings for the working trunk and not working trunk are the same as well as on the sip provider side as on the vicidial side.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
dspaan

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo