Carriers not appearing in peers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Carriers not appearing in peers

Postby jmarin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi community:

Since my SIP extensions can't connect to the server (strange "Wrong Password" error on Asterisk when trying to connect), I then tried to install extensions as IAX2 (withZoiper) and those were successful on connecting to the server (I can even make direct extension calls from agent to agent). But the vicidial dialer is not dialing the outbound number (gets stuck in Waiting for ring).
I think is the dialplan no going the way it should go or even the registration from the server.

Edit:
I did a
Code: Select all
sip show peers
but not even my carrier appears. I did the
IAX2 show peers
, and all my extension appear.

*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username             Host                                    Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description
0 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0 offline]

My service provider is Vitelity and connects through SIP (I read somewhere that you can have IAX2 extension and connect them to an outbound to SIP)

Help me Vicidial Community you're my only hope.

Kernel 4.1.38-47-default
Asterisk 11.25.1-vici
Vicidial: 2.14-587a BUILD: 170207-1317
Installed via ViciBox 7.0.4
DB: 10.1.21-MariaDB
Followed the installation guide that comes with Vicibox
jmarin

Re: Carriers not appearing in peers

Postby jmarin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:12 pm

It looks the daemon that reloads asterisk sips (don't know which one) wasn't configured to run. Made a vicibox restore, and it started to work again. My carriers and sip extensions now show up when I do "sip show peer" (And can register my sip phones on zoiper).

I still can't dial outbound to the numbers through my sip providers though
jmarin

Postby jmarin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:15 pm

After some good intents of the asterisk server (it gave me a lot of info from asterisk -r) the server stopped working properly again:
- sip configuration doesn't reload when I add phone or carrier.
- hoppers gets stuck after I do campaign editions (after following the Manual to do ).

It looks like something is wrong with vicidial daemons
jmarin

Postby joemarjessie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Same with what happen in my newly installed vicidial 8.0. I add up phone extensions and sip trunk carrier but it won't show in my Asterisk cli> and also my dialplan extension, it wont work...
joemarjessie

Return to Support