distinguish the "ringing" and "connected" status

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

distinguish the "ringing" and "connected" status

Postby siva.ssk7 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 am

Hi,
Can you please help for the below query.
how to distinguish the "ringing" and "connected"for pstn lines in vicidial, since in call_log table it includes ring time also ${ANSWEREDTIME} includes the ring time. how to calculate this
siva.ssk7

Re: distinguish the "ringing" and "connected" status

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:59 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Where exactly are you seeing this variable, and using it, in Vicidial? Why are you asking this question? How are you using this information if not in a Vicidial report? Why are you not using the values that are already in a Vicidial report? If this is outside the Vicidial application ...

4) This looks a lot like an Asterisk question (while related to Vicidial, it's not part of the Vicidial program itself). There are a lot more support boards for Asterisk than there are for Vicidial.

5) PSTN lines are special in asterisk and their controls are often unusual. Which is why it's often useful to be in an Asterisk support forum for this type of question.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby siva.ssk7 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:28 am

Sorry, i'm using vicidial 6 VERSION: 2.12-550a BUILD: 160414-1013. it's not related to asterisk. i'm raising the query for vicidial only. If we do preview dialing in agent interface we are showing "waiting for ring", "LIVE CALL", "CALL HANGUP" these statuses. If i give dial next number directly its showing as "LIVE CALL" due to this i can't able to track the exact talktime even in vicidial_carrier_log or call_log table.
siva.ssk7

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:45 am

siva.ssk7 wrote:Sorry, i'm using vicidial 6 VERSION: 2.12-550a BUILD: 160414-1013.

The Vicidial version is listed in full. But the installer version (ViciBOX) "6" is not the full version. It would be "6.0.X" for the full installer version. Please try to find your installation media and collect the full installer version. It can help sometimes when bugs crop up in the installer.

Code: Select all
it's not related to asterisk. i'm raising the query for vicidial only. If we do preview dialing in agent interface we are showing "waiting for ring", "LIVE CALL", "CALL HANGUP" these statuses. If i give dial next number directly its showing as "LIVE CALL" due to this i can't able to track the exact talktime even in vicidial_carrier_log or call_log table.

The hardware you're using for PSTN lines returns signals to asterisk to convey the call status (if indeed you are using PSTN hardware, which you have not listed). It's still an asterisk concept: Vicidial merely takes action based on the response in asterisk. The driver sending the response is running in asterisk and Vicidial intercepts the "answer" as it passes. Vicidial has no control over this, it merely sees "answer". So ... what is sending the answer? If this is a PSTN hardware device, you haven't listed it. If it's a SIP carrier ... then your post was incorrect when you said PSTN (or confusing ;) ).
williamconley

Postby siva.ssk7 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:56 am

We are using ViciBox Redux v.6.0.3-141118 with Digium, Inc. Device 1820 card connected the PRI and below is my dialplan
exten => _20X.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _20X.,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=xyzzzzz)
exten => _20X.,n,Dial(${PRITRUNK13}/${EXTEN:2},,TtoR)
exten => _20X.,n,Hangup
siva.ssk7

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Then your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to determine if this device is properly returning "dialed/invite" vs "ringing" vs "answered" to the asterisk system. If it is, you can move forward with finding out why it's not being interpreted properly.

If it's not, then Vicidial has no way to know since it relies on asterisk to provide "answered" only after a call has actually been answered.

Also worthy of note:
Code: Select all
Set(CALLERID(num)=xyzzzzz)

This line is useless. PSTN can not set it's caller ID number. Plus, the campaign will set the callerid as a feature of the Vicidial system, but your code will override it (and in some circumstances break other functionality, based on our experience, in specific versions of Vicidial). Best to take this line out and test again just to be sure.
williamconley

Postby siva.ssk7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 pm

I found the solution from stricker24x7 sorry for the delay response it's showing properly in export calls report {extended}. Since we are using 10 campaigns and it's difficult to update caller id so only it's set it in dialplan and it's working fine. So this line is necessary for random caller ID also
siva.ssk7

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:29 pm

But if you're using a PSTN hardware device, it doesn't do anything. So I'll assume that earlier posts regarding a PSTN device are not related to this comment.

Next up: It is never necessary to put this line into the dialplan entry.

Caller ID can be set by the campaign easier (changes immediately instead of at the 1 minute mark when the dialplan entry is registered to the .conf files).
Caller ID can be set by AC-CID allowing a different CID for each area code you dial into. And once again, takes effect immediately upon change (next call out: change has happened).
Caller ID can be set by the Override on a per list basis if your Vicidial version has the "Campaign CID Override" setting available on the List Modify screen.
Caller ID can be set by PER LEAD by using a field on the lead as the CID (allowing you to put a different value in each lead record based on whatever meets your needs ... for instance if you are calling people representing several different companies or have 25,000 DIDs and want to rotate them randomly to convince people to answer or just to avoid ever calling the same number with the same CID twice).
williamconley

Postby lvish » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:16 pm

hi Siva.ssk7

What was the solution for getting dial time and answertime in extended export call report which you mentioned above. Are you getting dial time for all entries or only for the answered call?

thanks in advance.
lvish
lvish
lvish

Return to General Discussion