call menu to different in-groups based off of did

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

call menu to different in-groups based off of did

Postby khuff » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am

Howdy folks,

So I wanted some advice on an easy way to setup just one call menu that can send to one of many ingroups based off the DID the call came in on. The call menus are all the same we just need them to go particular ingroups so we can report per source. Each source get's it own set of DID's, and before we implemented the IVR it was easy to send them to a particular ingroup. Right now I have a dozen or so call menus setup for each ingroup. With the only difference being the id's of the prompt's and options, and the last menu's having a different ingroup selected. There are 11 menus in each path and some of them have 3 or 4 options, so it's a mess to change one thing, just been doing by hand in the database but I need to make a bunch of changes back and forth for some A/B testing next week.

Thoughts? If there's any additional details that will be helpful please let me know.

Totally off topic, but just wanted to put it out there. That we're probably looking to move our system over to vicihost here before the end of the year, and I'm absolutely pumped.

Thanks in advance.
Vicibox 8.1 | ViciDial VERSION: 2.14-687a BUILD: 180908-1618 | Asterisk: 11.25.3-vici | Multi Server 12 x Dialers / 2 x Web / 1 x Master DB / 1 x Slave DB / 1 x Archive | No extra software or hardware after install
khuff

Re: call menu to different in-groups based off of did

Postby williamconley » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 pm

You'll probably end up using an agi script. Call menus can send to an AGI script already, so that part's done. Next you have to write (or have someone write) the code to send the call to an ingroup based on your criteria. Methodology for invoking an ingroup is in the top of the ingroup script itself (as is the invocation for most call handing routines in Vicidial).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: call menu to different in-groups based off of did

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 am

We already have AGI scripts that can route calls based upon the state, areacode and zipcode of the caller, so really it just depends on the business rules that you want to use for the routing as to making a new AGI script that routes according to them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support