Suggestion for a new SetUP ( DB Server )

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Suggestion for a new SetUP ( DB Server )

Postby gequiros » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm

I am trying to build a setup for 300 Agents and to think that on worst case scenario we will use a DIAL level of 10 ( Like i said, thinking worst case scenario where i would have the worlds crapiest leads )

For the DB server, storing a total of: 20 to 30 million leads

I am planning to get as server:
Dual Intel Xeon X5670 2.93 GHZ Hex (12 Cores And 24 Threads)
48 GB DDR3
4 SSD 240gb With RAID 10 an LSILogic MegaRAID caching Raid card ( I steal from somewhere on forum aka Matt answer )

Is SSD really needed ?, what would be your best ideal solution for this ?

Or can i play with only 1 M.2 SSD ( i heard they are up to 4 times faster than regular SSD and super reliable )

Well, i am open for suggestions, still i have 2 months and 15 days to have this toy ready ( for my own center )

Do i need a Master and Slave DB Server, or only one would be enough?

Today i was enabling lots of leads (near 6 million leads ) and for about 1 min my agents stop receiving calls and everything looks like it was crashed... i was even logging to the IP KVM, but glad it went responsive again ( Highest load get to: 1.3 on peak ) look at screenshot:

Link: https://snag.gy/vCpYg8.jpg

Thanks for every suggestion you guys can give me, i am open mind to any setup and ideas...
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
WhatsApp: +1-305-320-1786
gequiros

Re: Suggestion for a new SetUP ( DB Server )

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:25 am

That looks like a good start as far as the hardware goes. But you will have to optimize your processes(watch settings like Lead Recycle, Filters, etc...) as you get up to the higher number of agents on your system.

Our highest dialing client right now is peaking at about 630 agents and is placing over 1.5 million outbound calls in a day. They use a slave database for reporting, and they archive their logs every day to keep the log tables as small as possible.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gequiros » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 am

Will 2 or more SSD will increase performance or will just gained more redundancy in case of storage failure ?
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby mflorell » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 pm

It is best to put the mysql data storage on a separate partition from everything else. Separate drives is better. Redundancy is often important, but if you have a slave DB server set up, it is something you can skip.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gequiros » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Can i "mix" the WEB SERVER with a Slave DB server ?

Thanks for always pointing us on the right path
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby frequency » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 pm

mflorell wrote:That looks like a good start as far as the hardware goes. But you will have to optimize your processes(watch settings like Lead Recycle, Filters, etc...) as you get up to the higher number of agents on your system.

Our highest dialing client right now is peaking at about 630 agents and is placing over 1.5 million outbound calls in a day. They use a slave database for reporting, and they archive their logs every day to keep the log tables as small as possible.

That server is like 7 year old hardware that is about to die out. Newer single E5 v4s are more powerful than those servers and E3-1270v6 are as much powerful as that dual cpu and can be built with 64gigs ddr4 (if it is an e3) or 128gigs of DDR4's. Single core processing benchmarks are also better than that of the old cpu stated by the mate here. If i am not wrong, why not use a newer powerful hardware that will be more reliable as well or does core count matter even if it is 7-8 year old cpu. Please correct me. Also, what would you prefer, hardware RAID1 or hardware Raid 10?
frequency

Postby mflorell » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 am

Newer hardware is usually better, and hardware RAID 10 is better than 1, but make sure you are using an LSI Logic MegaRAID card, and not a RAID card designed for archival storage.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gequiros » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Do you mean a card like this? :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-IN-BOX-LSI ... SwPcVVv4nX

If you would have the call to buy the Database server, can you please show me on eBay links what do i need to buy ?

To me, at this point i am kinda lost on taking a decision on hardware and as well budget... but if you got a few minutes, please let me know what do i need to buy to make it work just the way it should

Thanks for your time
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Return to Support