Form Tab & Custom Fields

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Form Tab & Custom Fields

Postby thephaseusa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:47 am

Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2872
DB Schema Version: 1527
ViciBox v.7.0.4| Asterisk 11.25.1-vici |
4 Box Cluster of 1 Database, 1 Asterisk, 1 Web, & 1 Archive Server.
Fundraising Call Center

Hi,

I am using the form tab to enter information about just sales dispositions using custom fields. This is an absolutely wonderful capability. First, and I believe I read about this on the forum, the custom fields offer a required or not required property, which would be helpful for me but only if the disposition is a sale. For example, entering data not required for any disposition other than a 9, but if agents code it a 9, or a sale, select fields would be required or the disposition 9 could not be entered and it would force you to enter something in the required custom fields before letting you dispo the sale and go to the next call.

And second, since agents must fill out the form tab on sales dispos though they may start the call on the script tab when they get a sale they have to tab over to the Form tab. Would you guys generally train agents to go back and forth from Script to Form tab during calls, or would you put the script on the form tab? I recently added sort of an up sell pitch at the end of calls, and until agents learn this script addition, they will need to switch back to the Script tab again at the end of the call. Until I added this after sale is made up sell attempt, i trained them to start at the script tab, where they read the script, and only upon a sale switch to the form tab, to fill out the sales details, and that isn’t very difficult. The other part that makes this tricky is its not hard to go back to the script tab, but also scroll down to find the new language I added toward the end of the script.

Thanks for any help.
John Merritt
thephaseusa

Re: Form Tab & Custom Fields

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm

There is currently no method for conditional required fields. This would be very complex to program into such a dynamic environment as Custom List Fields is, and nobody has wanted to pay for the massive amount of work it would take to do.

As for FORM and SCRIPT, most of our clients simply put the script into the FORM tab content.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks Matt.

If you put the script in the contents of a custom field, is there a way to change the fonts, to make them bigger? Also, how would you make page breaks (paragraph breaks)?

Or is there is a better way to get the script on the form tab?

John
thephaseusa

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 am

Let me clarify.

I created a custom field, type Script, and put my sales script in the Field Options. The script displays properly. But I can't seem to change font type or size, and I can't get paragraph or page breaks to work, sentences all run together.

John
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Have you tried
Code: Select all
<p> or <br>
? They seem to work fine on my system.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 pm