optimize performance rather then features

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

optimize performance rather then features

Postby alo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Good Morning!

We have a pretty big setup we are planning out and want to make sure we are optimizing for performance rather then features and convenience.
Here are some of the settings we noticed, and I am wondering what others have experienced the best settings to be for these to optimize performance.

Also, Any setting I missed here that would optimize for performance would be awesome suggestions.

In server settings:
System Performance
Server Logs
AGI Output
Carrier Logging Active

In system setings
Carrier Logging Active
Gather Asterisk Output
Enhanced Disconnect Logging:

Campaign settings:
Auto Trim Hopper - does triming the hopper lock the tables and cause server load or is having too many leads in the hopper actually worse?
DNC check - does it have a big impact on hopper loading? Would it be better to use the dnc check to scan all leads nightly instead of each hopper load?
Filter - could using a filter to make a more specific sql statement actually speed up the hopper loading or might it only slow it down?
Hopper Level - might it be better to fill the hopper with many leads so that we don't have to run the hopper load script every minute or does having a lot of leads in the hopper cause performance issues?

Phone server log in - would it be better to use phone aliases to have the agents log in to dialing servers or might it be better to log all agents in to a single server and just have the Fill place calls out to the other servers?

Anything else I could turn off to preserve resources?

vicibox 8 ISO
VERSION: 2.14-644a
BUILD: 171130-0036
asterisk 11.25.3
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2875
DB Schema Version: 1528

will be using dell R610 for DB
64GB ram
2x 4 core
Raid 10 SSD for SQL
raid 1 SSD for OS

Thanks a bunch!
alo

Re: optimize performance rather then features

Postby mflorell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 pm

How many agents?

How many calls per day?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby alo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:51 pm

We are probably going to do a survey on that one. 50 agents dialing 100:1. ~ 2 million calls a day.
otherwise our other office has 290 agents doing 5:1 about 500k calls a day
alo

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 am

You'll need an LSI Logic MegaRAID caching RAID controller(The Dell RAID card isn't going to be able to handle it). I would also recommend more RAM on your database server.

You will have to archive your logs every day.

This is possible, and we are doing this volume in a single cluster with one of our clients, but it takes a lot of tweaking of the my.cnf file to keep the database happy with that much activity.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby alo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 am

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendations. I went ahead and got the LSI raid controller.

any tweaking of the my.cnf you can recommend?

What about any of the settings I mentioned originally?

in server settings:
System Performance
Server Logs
AGI Output
Carrier Logging Active

In system setings
Carrier Logging Active
Gather Asterisk Output
Enhanced Disconnect Logging:

Campaign settings:
Auto Trim Hopper - does triming the hopper lock the tables and cause server load or is having too many leads in the hopper actually worse?
DNC check - does it have a big impact on hopper loading? Would it be better to use the dnc check to scan all leads nightly instead of each hopper load?
Filter - could using a filter to make a more specific sql statement actually speed up the hopper loading or might it only slow it down?
Hopper Level - might it be better to fill the hopper with many leads so that we don't have to run the hopper load script every minute or does having a lot of leads in the hopper cause performance issues?

Phone server log in - would it be better to use phone aliases to have the agents log in to dialing servers or might it be better to log all agents in to a single server and just have the Fill place calls out to the other servers?

alo

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:43 pm

in server settings:
System Performance - not much affect on performance, especially if archived daily
Server Logs - these are on the dialers only, We haven't seen too much impact from leaving these on
AGI Output - same as Server Logs
Carrier Logging Active - as long as the logs are archived daily, they aren't a problem

In system setings
Carrier Logging Active - as long as the logs are archived daily, they aren't a problem
Gather Asterisk Output - only a few thousand lines per dialer at any time, not much load
Enhanced Disconnect Logging - as long as the logs are archived daily, they aren't a problem

Campaign settings:
Auto Trim Hopper - Turn it off, but you should only set the hopper as high as needed to place calls for a campaign for a few minutes
DNC check - All of our high-volume dialing clients have this on.
Filter - Simple filters are best and usually don't cause any performance issues
Hopper Level - The hopper can get too big and cause issues

Phone server log in - Phone Login Load Balancing is best, do not overload dialing servers, if they are overloaded, just add more of them

- only set campaigns to Active=Y if you are dialing on them, as soon as you are done, set them to inactive.
- keep only lists you are dialing on right now set to active, set others to inactive.
- if there are over 400,000 leads in the active lists for a campaign at any one time, it will cause database slowdowns. Rotate your lists active/inactive through your day to avoid this
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support