Anonymous inbound callers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Anonymous inbound callers

Postby dspaan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:24 pm

I have noticed some problems with anonymous inbound callers.

1.When a Anonymous call gets dispositioned it is stored with phonenumber 'Anonymous'
2.When you use In-Group Call Handle Method: CIDLOOKUPRCALT and another anonymous call comes in it gets matched with another lead_id which was initially stored as the first ever by the system handled anonymous call because this is what is stored in the phone number field.
3.Despite the fact that it should look for the CID within the active campaign lists it even matches and pulls up a lead_id from a completely unrelated list_id from another campaign which the agent should not be allowed to see at all!
4.Even when using other call handle methods like CIDLOOKUPRC or CIDLOOKUPL it gives the same results

Once you delete all records with phone number 'Anonymous' and do another anonymous test call it creates a new lead_id in the proper list which is defined in the In-Group List ID field of the DID.

Why does the In-group call handle method not create a new lead for every anonymous call? How can it be that it matches a lead outside the campaign?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Re: Anonymous inbound callers

Postby geoff3dmg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:13 am

The Ingroup creates leads based on CallerID, with Anonymous calls the calls all have the same CallerID so get matched to the same record. You can either handle this by using a phone filter group in the ingroup to match the Anonymous CallerID and handle it specially or you can train your agents to use the lead search to merge inbound calls with existing leads.
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-451a BUILD: 140902-0816 | Asterisk 1.8.28.2-vici | Multi-Server | Amfeltec H/W Timing Cards | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell PowerEdge 1850 | Pentium 4 'Prescott' Xenon Quad @ 3.40GHz
geoff3dmg

Postby dspaan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 am

I'm following up my original question from 2014 because we running into this problem again. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to build a call menu that allows a caller to enter his own phone number same like how the VID options now exist to enter the vendor lead code. This way anonymous callers could be still looked up after they enter their own phone number.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby mflorell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 am

I'm sure you could do that in the Custom Dialplan Entry section, using something like "Set(CALLERID(num)={$EXTEN})"
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support