Vicidial Integration with Vtiger 7.0.1

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Integration with Vtiger 7.0.1

Postby Anmol » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Hey,

I am new to VICIdial.

I have to integration VICIdial with vtiger crm 7.0.1.

My idea is when user login to CRM, it login to VICIdiall automatically.

Also found those functionalities below mention

1. Single sign on for managing and operating, both, VICIDial
2. User, List Creation from Vtiger to Vicidial
3. Data Push from Vtiger to Vicidial
4. Click2Call from Vtiger
5. Vicidial Widget In Vtiger
6. All the functions of Vicidial as mention will be on this widget:
a. Pause/ Resume (i. Selection of Pause Call)
b. Park
c. Transfer Conf
d. Hangup
e. Disposition (i. Selection of Disposition)
f. Manual Dial
7. On Manual or Auto Call customer information will be display on vtiger screen automatically on LIVE call.

Can anyone help me out what step to follow for integration VICIdial with Vtiger CRM 7.0.1?
Anmol

Re: Vicidial Integration with Vtiger 7.0.1

Postby mflorell » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:21 pm

We stopped supporting the deep Vtiger integration with VICIdial after Vtiger version 5.1.0.

None of the clients of ours that were sponsoring the development stayed with Vtiger because it doesn't scale well and became a mess to manage. Most of them switched to using Vicidial Custom List Fields instead, which is designed to scale and is built-in to VICIdial.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Vicidial Integration with Vtiger 7.0.1

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Anmol wrote:Hey,

I am new to VICIdial.

I have to integration VICIdial with vtiger crm 7.0.1.

My idea is when user login to CRM, it login to VICIdiall automatically.

Also found those functionalities below mention

1. Single sign on for managing and operating, both, VICIDial
2. User, List Creation from Vtiger to Vicidial
3. Data Push from Vtiger to Vicidial
4. Click2Call from Vtiger
5. Vicidial Widget In Vtiger
6. All the functions of Vicidial as mention will be on this widget:
a. Pause/ Resume (i. Selection of Pause Call)
b. Park
c. Transfer Conf
d. Hangup
e. Disposition (i. Selection of Disposition)
f. Manual Dial
7. On Manual or Auto Call customer information will be display on vtiger screen automatically on LIVE call.

Can anyone help me out what step to follow for integration VICIdial with Vtiger CRM 7.0.1?

you seem to be under the impression that Vicidial is a website. you may want to fire up a vicidial instance and become familiar with the Vicidial Agent Screen before you jump off that bridge.

You're considering rebuilding Vicidial as a "FreePBX add-on" for a CRM. FreePBX already exists, feel free to use it (or just use a Vanilla Asterisk PBX as the way to make phone calls).

If you build what you describe, the first client who realises that Vicidial is an AutoDial system capable of much more power than vTiger and wants to autodial in Vicidial while utilizing the full power of Vicidial ... you'll have to suddenly add the full functionality of the Vicidial Agent Screen into your "integration". This will set you back ... a few years in production time. Vicidial's agent screen has more layers than the vTiger CRM has modules. lol

Consider this: In Vicidial, many call centers have Millions of Leads (aka: Prospects). Keeping all those in vTiger, and then pushing them to Vicidial thus creating a duplicate record for each, will likely bog down vTiger drastically. But if you start in Vicidial and ONLY push records into vTiger if you have at least a passing shot at making a sale ... then you can contain vTiger in the "Script" pane of Vicidial OR run vTiger in a popup for each prospect. Then you don't have to rebuild Vicidial at all, and vTiger will still be fully functional and will ONLY share leads that are at least "warm". This keeps the vTiger database manageable. vTiger's integration with Vicidial was designed many years ago but has not been updated to the latest version of vTiger. If, however, you're relatively proficient in php you should be able to reconnect to the old functions and save yourself ... a LOT of work.

Just sayin. 8-)

Happy Hunting.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development