ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:18 am

I have installed ViciDial on onsite machine using .iso file. Now i am thinking of buying a server on hetzner and hosting vicidial on cloud. So My Question regarding installation on cloud is that do i need to install viciDial from scratch or is there some better through which i can use iso to install image on cloud.

Regards
Faizankhan1995

Re: ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Postby williamconley » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:56 am

1) "Cloud" is not what you'll be installing on. Vicidial is not a service with a cloud install mechanism. You'll be installing on a server in a colocation facility. The server may be "virtual" or "dedicated", but it's not a cloud application, just NOT in your facility.

2) Do NOT install Vicidial in a virtual server unless you've got money to toss into the abyss. It will work for one or two agents, but not a call center. Hardware Only when installing in a colocation facility or anywhere else. For testing with one or two agents, virtual will work fine, but when you scale up and log all your agents into the system, it will never be stable if sharing CPUs. You've been warned. 8-)

3) Many colocation facilities willl allow booting from a custom .iso for installation. Complex, tricky, may involve several calls to tech support and MAY even require bypassing tech support with the colo to get support from the manufacturer of the KVM or Servers remote access tools to make it work. But it doesn't always work in the end.

4) We (and I'm sure The Vicidial Group) have Fiber-based internet and have clients all over the world with call centers all over as well. Be sure you are choosing a solution that will suit your needs. Vicidial support isn't necessary for the hardware or OS, but it can sure come in handy when you have a problem. By comparison to what may happen if you have no support available on a busy day when your server mysteriously stops working (Welcome to Linux!), the cost at a generic "cloud" facility with no humans (or no humans who know linux, or no humans who know PBX, or no humans who know Linux ... much less humans who know ALL of these) could get very expensive due to lost production very quickly.

5) Vicidial scratch install can be done through Ubuntu and CentOS. If Goutodial's installation instructions (in their wiki) are available, they are very useful. Unfortunately, the last time I checked they were broken and in the middle of an upgrade. Goautodial has modified web pages, some of which are broken, all of which are at least one full version behind ... BUT: it is a solid install and also (historically) installs all the stock Vicidial pages and those work without fail. Goautodial can also be upgraded to the latest vicidial install, which breaks much of the goautodial modified pages, but still results in an up-to-date fully-functional Vicidial installation on CentOS.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 am

I have used
ViciBox_v8_1.x86_64-8.1.2.iso
to install vicibox on cloud server. I have skipped the steps to assign static ip to server as it already has static Ip.
When I run vicibox-express command to install vicidDial prompts:

Code: Select all
Local Ip Address was not found! Please enter IP address to use for ViciDial on this machine.
Local Ip Address: ....?

After i provide same ip as server, installation begins but fails immediately saying

Code: Select all
Failed to enalble Maria DB: 256 /usr/src/......./vicibox-install.pl line 241.

Any Help on fixing the problem is appreciated.

Regards.
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 pm

do not use the express install. use the standard install.

NO: vicibox-express

YES: vicibox-install
williamconley

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:50 am

Tried standard vicibox-install but still facing same issue. What are the steps to enable Maria DB ? Can it be because of permission issues on hosted server ?
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 pm

I have skipped the steps to assign static ip to server as it already has static Ip.

You can't skip that step (or any other step for that matter). Just because the ISP and or Hosting Service has assigned the IP to the server does not mean the Server is aware of this assignment.

You must inform the server of it's IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and at least one (preferably two) DNS servers or it will not have internet capability (and the install will fail).

Try again. Consider having someone else do the install. Or consider leasing or purchasing a server from someone who does Vicidial specifically. Once you are making money with Vicidial, and more comfortable dealing with the hardware yourself, you can consider moving your installation to a server in your own control.

Alternately, consider performing a local install on any old PC you have lying around. Or even a VMWare or VirtualBox installation. Those can't be used for production, but they are excellent for "how do I set this up?" practice which can then make your real install much simpler. The install works exactly the same when virtual, but it can only handle a single agent (falls apart under load of more than one agent). Perfect for learning, and ... Free.

Some believe that getting bogged down in the technicalities of the server hardware/software is a distraction from Making Money in your Call Center. Just a thought. 8-)
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo