Campaign Setting: Disable Alter Customer Data

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Campaign Setting: Disable Alter Customer Data

Postby jrecord57 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:07 pm

I have an external webform that I built that directly updates the lead information through the update_lead Non-agent API function. Works perfectly except for the fact that it does not directly communicate with the agent interface and therefor when calls are dispo'd, any information that was collected on my external webform gets overwritten with the existing lead information. I found the "Disable Alter Customer Data" campaign setting and have since set it to "Y", however, the lead is still updated after disposition with the existing data.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the Disable Alter Customer Data campaign setting would not be behaving correctly?

Also, I am aware of the update_fields API function for the Vicidial Agent Screen and have since implemented it for the "default" Vicidial fields (sorry if default is confusing, I mean the fields that are pre-programmed in the system, first_name, address1, vendor_lead_code, rank, owner, etc). However, my webform and setup utilizes a lot of custom fields. Does the update_fields function work for custom fields too? I am going to test this tonight, we are just in production at the moment but since I was posting this anyways, I figured I would include that bit of information as well. I will update the post accordingly after testing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help!
ViciBox 9.0.3 from .iso | ViciDial VERSION: 2.14-834a BUILD: 211208-1646 | Asterisk 13.34.0-vici | 3 Server Cluster (DB, Web, Telephony) | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Xeon E3-1230 v6 Quad-Core 3.5 GHz
jrecord57

Re: Campaign Setting: Disable Alter Customer Data

Postby mflorell » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:51 am

The campaign "Disable Alter Customer Data" feature will preserve the lead data from the beginning of the call and re-update it to the original values when the agent finishes the call, it prevents the agent from making changes to those original data fields.

The "update_fields" API function with the 'formreload' option will reload the custom fields FORM, if you have modified the values of the lead's custom fields on the back-end, be sure to send this command with that option after your update, and be sure to add a delay after the command is run before hanging up the call on the agent side.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support