Got SIP response 604 "Does Not Exist Anywhere" bac

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Got SIP response 604 "Does Not Exist Anywhere" bac

Postby branbell » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:43 pm

This is my first post. Please alert me if I have not followed the correct format. Let me also say Bravo to the Vicidial team and Vicidial support forum. What an amazing piece of opens source software and information. On to my issue.

I am getting the message in the Asterisk CLI "Got SIP response 604 "Does Not Exist Anywhere" back from 147.135.32.221"

I am able to receive call without problems, but after a day of troubleshooting I am at a loss on why I am getting this message. A web search bring up this article "http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233121-my-broadvoice-experience.html" with someone with the same issue. I have a suspicion it has something to do with my carrier not accepting my caller ID. I have changed my caller id in the campaign and extensions to match my number, but still getting the same 604 message.

Can you give me any idea on where my problem might be or additional areas to explore. Broadvoice

Brandon
Asterisk- 1.4.27.1
Vicidial=VERSION: 2.2.1-237, BUILD: 100510-2015
MySQL=5.0.77
Other=VM Image, Manager Manual read and all tutorials completed (Is there a Certificate of completion?)

Registration String:
register => Phone#@sip.broadvoice.com:Password:Phone#@sip.broadvoice.com

sip.conf
[trunkinbound]
username=xxxxxxxxxx
user=phone
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=trunkinbound
canreinvite=no
authname=xxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
trunkstyle=voip
port=5060
canreinvite=yes
allow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Global String
SIPtrunk=sip.broadvoice.com

Dial Plan
exten => _61NXXNXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${SIPTrunk},30)
exten => _61NXXNXXXXXX, 2, congestion()
exten => _61NXXNXXXXXX, 102, busy()

exten => _XXXXXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${SIPTrunk},30)
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX, 2, congestion()
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX, 102, busy()

exten => _NXXXXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${SIPTrunk},30)
exten => _NXXXXXXXXX, 2, congestion()
exten => _NXXXXXXXXX, 102, busy()

exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@@${SIPTrunk},30)
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX, 2, congestion()
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX, 102, busy()

Asterisk CLI
Connected to Asterisk 1.4.27.1-1 RPM by demian@goautodial.com currently running on go (pid = 14853)
Verbosity is at least 3
-- Executing [619169857252@default:1] Dial("SIP/201-00000004", "SIP/619169857252@sip.broadvoice.com|30") in new stack
-- Called 619169857252@sip.broadvoice.com
-- Got SIP response 604 "Does Not Exist Anywhere" back from 147.135.32.221
== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
-- Executing [619169857252@default:2] Congestion("SIP/201-00000004", "") in new stack
== Spawn extension (default, 619169857252, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/201-00000004'
-- Executing [h@default:1] DeadAGI("SIP/201-00000004", "agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses--PRI-----NODEBUG-----1-----CHANUNAVAIL----------") in new stack
-- AGI Script agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses ... ---------- completed, returning 0
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
== Manager 'sendcron' logged on from 127.0.0.1
branbell

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome to the party Brandon.

By the numbers? :)

1) I believe this is your 4th post (under your name, it says "posts: 4" LOL). Not important really, just cute. (Long day?)

2) You posted everything except your install method (.iso? OS? link to instructions? something ... always post that in case someone else has similar so they can land here a la google).

3) In the future in this situation, if you turn on sip debug, you may get a "more detailed" response code (but likely, it will still just say 604 with the same text).

4) Your sip.conf should not have a "trunkinbound". The context in sip.conf must match the right side of the globals string (ie: sip.broadvoice.com). The Globals String is not "Variable = domain name" ... it is "Variable = Protocol/Context".

5) Your dial plan is Not Standard Vicidial and won't work as it is.

So: Four changes:

sip.conf (instead of [trunkinbound])
Code: Select all
[broadvoice]

Globals String
SIPtrunk = SIP/broadvoice

And use a "standard" vicidial dialplan. All three lines are required.
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(${SIPTrunk}/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Campaign->Dial prefix:
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

[Solved] Got SIP response 604 "Does Not Exist Anywhere&

Postby branbell » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi Williamconley,

Your corrections worked! Made the changes and now able to dial out.

Responses to previous post:
1) By post I really should have said my first "New Topic Post". 1 new topic plus 3 responses to other post = 4 total post. (Long weekend for me, but your response gave me a significant part of it back. Thank you for you help!
2) iso. I thought I would give it a try on VM. Could not believe how easy it was to install and have not looked back. My Trixbox may not be around much longer.
3) Thanks for the sip debug suggestion and you are right. It gave the same response code 604.
4) Great lesson and explanation! I was able to dial out but while dialing inbound I was getting a " == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/broadvoice-0000000a' status is 'UNKNOWN'" error. After understanding the relationship between Protocol, Context and DID's the lights came on and I was able to correct my configuration.
5) Yep! it bad isn't it. I was experimenting with various dial plan in order to learn how they work. I still have a long way to go in understanding dial plans.

I have now moved onto getting customer information to populate the agent's screen when a call come in by searching vtiger for callid info. I have read the vtiger.txt file and feel like I am missing something basic. Are there any tutorials available? I have searched the forum and Google but have not found anything. The sync is working fine but I get the feeling that the vtiger_search.php is not doing anything when a call comes in.

Also, I am getting these Errors in CLI. Is something I should be concerned about?
ERROR[9054]: utils.c:966 ast_carefulwrite: write() returned error: Broken pipe
ERROR[9034]: utils.c:966 ast_carefulwrite: write() returned error: Connection reset by peer

Thanks again for you helpBrandon
branbell

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

if you want to get it online quick (so you can dump trix) put your client data into vicidial (in a disposable list just for this purpose) and just let vicidial look up in its own system. also remember that number matching is based on the CID provided, not what you think it should be (ie: if they send 13214360000 and it doesn't have the leading "1" in YOUR database, your idea that it shouldn't be there makes no difference! it's there, deal with it). Also remember that ANY unusual characters can cause a mismatch. I actually prefer having the data in a table in vicidial for that reason. i have clients who just put them all in with and without the leading "1", and some who strip off the leading 1 with the method described in matt's inbound cid suggestions (reading the paid manual and the notes in extensions.conf and all other locations sometimes pays off).

oh: and carefulwrite is not actualy an error. just a notice that's been mislabeled. means "you opened the log, but didn't write anything".
williamconley

Vtiger Customer Lookup

Postby branbell » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks William, I got it working.

I see where I went off the reservation. I was assuming that Vicidial would lookup customer information in the Vtiger database.

If I have this right, when a incoming call arrives, vicidial searches for customer information in the specified vicidial "list" loaded in the campaign, not from the vtiger's databases. If it finds a record, it populates the agent interface with the customer information. The Webfrom/Vitiger_search.php comes into play when searching the Vtiger database .

To enable this feature, Add "http://servername/vicidial/vtiger_search.php string to the webform section in the "in_groups" field. When the agent selects the webform button, it queries the vtiger database bases on the option selected for the “Vtiger Search Category” option in the campaign Details.

Then what is the callmenu option Handel Method=CIDLOOKUP use for? If caller information is looked up in the "list" , what is the Handel method looking up?

We are a support center. My nirvana scenario is if the Caller id is identified, the information is populated in the agent's screen (this is working now base on your suggestion. Again Thanks) Then the agent would select the webform button to open a new vtiger trouble ticket if they already have an account. If Webform doesn't find an account, It opens a new lead. Is this possible?

On a different topic. I believe I am experiencing a NAT issue. Should I Post in this thread or create a new topic?

Brandon
branbell

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 pm

My nirvana scenario is if the Caller id is identified, the information is populated in the agent's screen (this is working now base on your suggestion. Again Thanks) Then the agent would select the webform button to open a new vtiger trouble ticket if they already have an account. If Webform doesn't find an account, It opens a new lead. Is this possible?
Yep. Takes a bit of programming, though. :)
On a different topic. I believe I am experiencing a NAT issue. Should I Post in this thread or create a new topic?
Yep.
williamconley

Broadvoice- can't seem to get the configs correct

Postby branbell » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Hello branbell,

I just got Broadvoice to try the vicidial out but can't seem to get the configs correct... Can you please help me in this? What files should I edit and what should I REALLY put in there, can you give me a copy of your dialplan, register, protocol config just using <phone>, <secret> , etc. Any and all help would be great in getting this thing going.

-Kris

Kris,

Both inbound and outbound call are working with these setting. Also, you need to call up Broad Voice and let them know that you are using a Asterisk server and they will enable the feature on their end.

Carrier ID
Your Broadvoice phone number (E.G. 8885551212)

Registration String:
register => Phone#@sip.broadvoice.com:BVPassword:Phone#@sip.broadvoice.com

sip.conf
[trunkinbound]
username=xxxxxxxxxx (BV phone number )
user=phone
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxxxxxx (BV Password)
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=trunkinbound
canreinvite=no
authname=xxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
trunkstyle=voip
port=5060
canreinvite=yes
allow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Protocol
SIP

Global String
SIPtrunk = SIP/broadvoice

Dial Plan
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(${SIPTrunk}/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Brandon
branbell

Return to Support