Default Web Administration Login

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Default Web Administration Login

Postby bryanwil » Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm

I recently downloaded and install Vicibox Server v.2.2.1 from the iso on vicibox.com. After completing the installation, I am able to access the homepage for the web interface, but I cannot find the default login and password for the administration console. I have search through various form posted and other websites, to no avail. Can anyone help me out?
bryanwil

Postby williamconley » Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Begin with the Vicidial Manager's Manual (available on EFLO.NET FOR FREE) on page 6 ... do ALL the tutorials, and don't skip anything. You'll be up to full speed in no time. And when you have your first problem, be sure to mention which page/line you experienced your first error so we can walk you through it.

http://www.vicidial.org/store.php#MANAGER

Also: Your version "2.2.1" is for viciDIAL (not viciBOX). Vicidial is the software, Vicibox is the installer. They each have their own version, and when you post (in the future, after you've logged in!) you should always list BOTH the Vicidial version With Build (from the amin screens) and the Vicibox Version (from the .iso name or ssh splash screen). It helps find your issue and brings others with similar problems to your posts.

Welcome to the Party! 8)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bryanwil » Tue May 03, 2011 6:09 pm

And if the 6666/1234 combination listed on page 6 does not work, what then?
bryanwil

Postby bryanwil » Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Got it. Evidentially something went wrong in the install and there was nothing loaded in the table vicidial_users. I added an admin user, level 9, and was able to login successfully.

Is there any way to mark a thread "solved" in this forum?
bryanwil

Postby williamconley » Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

you can edit your original post and add [solved] before the subject.

But this is not a "solvable" thread system AFAIK. 8)

If you have issues with missing database entries, you should try a fresh install. that's likely NOT the only problem.
williamconley

Postby marcoe » Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 pm

I've seen this happen when you install Vicibox, run all install scripts and DON'T boot the server before accessing the web interface.

You should ALWAYS boot the server after install.
marcoe

Postby williamconley » Sat May 07, 2011 12:03 am

? I presume you mean "REboot" the server ... but I'm not sure I agree with your comment. All sql scripts and install execution has already happened before that moment. A reboot should have no effect (and we routinely reboot immediately to be sure the system can survive a reboot anyway).

but if you can duplicate a flaw in the system that results from an immediate reboot, that may be worth looking into ... 8)
williamconley

Postby marcoe » Sat May 07, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Willian,

Yes, I mean RE-boot, sorry about that.

This behavior is "wierd", I would agree with you if I hadn't seen this myself. The first time was just for a test server, I forgot to reboot and couldn't log into the web interface, so I thougt it was an install problem, tried again and it worked.
The next time, a co-worker was installing and reported the same thing, so I looked at the vicidial_users table and it was empty. So I told him to re-install, but he missed the time to insert the CD during reboot and sudennly it worked fine.

I really don't know what happened, but I think this has something to do with the new first page you get when you access the web site for the first time, maybe Matt or Kumba could clarify this.
marcoe

Postby williamconley » Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 am

You'd have to find a way to duplicate that. I'd be willing to bet you had a cached version of a phpmyadmin page on the screen and did not refresh it or something unusual like that. the sql scripts all run at one pop. unless the install had not finished before you attempted to log in (possible) and the installation finished just before the reboot ...?
williamconley

Re: Default Web Administration Login

Postby destroyer_360 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 am

bryanwil wrote:I recently downloaded and install Vicibox Server v.2.2.1 from the iso on vicibox.com. After completing the installation, I am able to access the homepage for the web interface, but I cannot find the default login and password for the administration console. I have search through various form posted and other websites, to no avail. Can anyone help me out?
destroyer_360

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo