ViciDial on ElastixPBX

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial on ElastixPBX

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:38 am

This is a continuation of the topic started in the Jobs forum, but further development discussions belong on this thread:

Here is the Elastix forum link:
http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... html#58187

Here is the posting of the patch used to get ViciDial running on Elastix:
http://redlinetel.com/?q=node/8

We are open to getting ViciDial to work with ElastixPBX, but keep in mind that freepbx-based dialplans are very complex and will result in a loss of dialing capacity compared to a dedicated ViciDial-only server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 am

I think the real value of an Elastix/Vicidial combination, or for my company anyway, will be the PBX functionality of Elastix. We for instance have a normal receptionist, admin workers and management apart from the call center. So calls coming in should ring their phones as they do not log into Vicidial during the day but the receptionist and these non call center staff should also be able to transfer calls into Vicidial groups or to Vicidial extensions. I don't know if this is already possible with Vicidial alone? Maybe I missed it.

I have to say that we have used Elastix as our "general" PBX for three years now with no issues.
Vicibox Redux 3.1.14 64 bit
Asterisk: 1.4.39.2-vici | VERSION: 2.8-433a | BUILD: 140411-1434
Sangoma A102D/E1
Servers: 1 x Database; 1 x Web; 6 x Telephony; 2 x Archive
Outbound and blended ratio 3:1 with full voice recording
No additional software
Trying

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

Yes, ViciDial can do about 80% of the standard functions that FreePBX already has. Stuff like standard voicemail, DID routing to a standard phones, IVRs(Call Menus), the ability to transfer a call from a standard phone to an in-group in ViciDial. All of that is built in right now and it is all web-configurable, so most companies don't need a separate PBX, although Elastix is in general easier to use without any prior experience.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 am

That's good to know, thanks Matt. True, Elastix is VERY easy to install and use. I like their Hylafax integration as well although not 100% reliable.
Sangoma A102D/E1
No additional software
Trying

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:15 am

Really the value my clients have gotten from it is that some are already on FreePBX or only need minimal dialer functions (or for only limited personnel). So having a more standardized phone system (FreePBX V2) is perfect for their office, and with VICIdial also functional they can step (slowly) into the professional sales methods thus provided.

It's a great way for a company that has never actually had a sales "push" to begin generating one (and find out how much power there is in software like VICIdial, as compared to excel spreadsheets and scribbled notes or pure CRM).

Not to mention that a simplistic "add-on" method could cause a whole new client-base to appear.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

thanks

Postby brett05 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

very good after a long trying i have success the vicidial with elastix very good addition
Jasperreports & Queuemetrics & SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons
Freepbx||Billing||Centos||Opensuse||Debian||Centos||Fedora||Sangoma||Diguim
brett05

Postby mflorell » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Do you have any suggestions that you would be able to share?
mflorell
Site Admin

thanks

Postby brett05 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 pm

yes
first i have choose elastix 1.5.2
then they are many correction to work vicidial with elastix
as cpan with sendmail ...
the eaccelerator
the /var/run/screen/S-root as the change to zaptel etc...

but as finally elastix work with it
i think i need post a script complet for this
brett05

thanks

Postby brett05 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 pm

after use of elastix with vicidial i have see no thing special
juste for person who searching freepbx
then vicidial have do 80% of pbx
and all in one of them in same server is not recomended
brett05

Postby Trying » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 am

Brett05 please also look at this thread http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... hp?t=13082 It is really a continuation of this one.

I agree with you. If we have no log in queues in ViciDial with the standard functions like MOH, announcements, etc, then I see little benefit of using Elastix as well.
Sangoma A102D/E1
No additional software
Trying

Postby Acidshock » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 pm

lol why not just take it a step further an make a freepbx module that integrates vici. That way you can use it with almost any freepbx style distro. :twisted:
Acidshock

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:07 pm

because freepbx modules are modifications of the freepbx dialplan. vicidial will not run inside the freepbx dialplan. so it can't be a "module" per se.

however, after spending a lot of time combining them to cohabitate on the same server for several clients, I can say that for a more professional facility that is not "purely sales" (in fact, the farther away from "sales" the main character gets ...) the client seems to enjoy freepbx quite a bit. THEN setting Vicidial up as a "tool" for those clients eventually results in a standalone department for sales with sales agents and then freepbx and vicidial go their separate ways.

we try to convince clients these days that it's just simpler to put them on separate boxes to begin with, but even now I have clients who insist that they be in the same box.

for those we follow the golden rule that vicidial calls do NOT use the freepbx dialplan. but we do allow for using the freepbx "extensions" as agents in the system.

however: to date i have not had anyone ask for (oops: i mean "pay for") an update to 2.2 or 2.4 vicidial for the integration. at that point, there's so much functionality available that it's easier to add specific features to vicidial than to attempt to merge the two programs. (ie: add a queue for the secretaries' desks and/or the jobline or whatever; as opposed to adding a whole new system just to get that one feature: "we don't have to answer the phone, it'll ring again on another phone in the other room in 12 seconds, no biggie, they'll get it")
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development