Incomplete and disconected numbers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Incomplete and disconected numbers

Postby garfunct » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 am

I am looking for the best approach to remove incomplete / disconnected and failed phone numbers dialed so as not to dial them again.

Can this be done through sql data in vici's database or via asterisk logs maybe?

Suggestions much appreciated.
garfunct

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

It all depends on your carrier and whether you can trust the hangup cause codes coming back. Most carriers in the USA are not reliable on their disconnect codes by over 20%.

The only good solution we have found is using the paid-add-on Sangoma CPA call progress analysis proxy.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby garfunct » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks Matt for the reply.

Will be talking with Sangoma shortly.. from what I read however this works only if the provider is not using a proxy which I have one carrier that definitely does.

Do you see sangoma being the best/only option to combine with Vici to take advantage of call progressing?

Last question, if we did not go down that road could you give me a pointer in the right direction sql query log query etc that might work?
garfunct

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 pm

We have set up CPD for several companies, and have never run into an issue where we couldn't make it work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:05 am

Do you see sangoma being the best/only option to combine with Vici to take advantage of call progressing?
I've been here a while. It seems to be the ONLY one. Seriously. (And no, I don't get paid to say that, and NO, I have no experience with it, all calls on this topic eventually end up with ... The Vicidial Group.)

Last question, if we did not go down that road could you give me a pointer in the right direction sql query log query etc that might work?
Check for "cancel" with Zero Seconds call duration. But beware, and consider a discussion with your provider. To test: move all the "cancel zero seconds" calls into a list ... call them manually on a cell phone. Your results could tell you that "those are the ones!" or the results may make you wonder why they were canceled after zero seconds when they are good numbers and the client at the other end says their phone has been free all day. No calls.

Every provider is different, results vary (and some settling may occur). That's why the Sangoma solution exists.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Incomplete and disconected numbers

Postby omarrodriguezt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Return to Support