HELP, how to install vicidial on CentOS?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

HELP, how to install vicidial on CentOS?

Postby fachryonline » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:38 am

I'm currently working at my office, my boss wants me to install vicidial so he can manages his call center, there's an asterisk already installed on the server, and everything is configured (sip.conf, extensions.conf) what should i do if i want to install vicidial on that server? i already read some documents but the documents always begin with asterisk installation (stratch), so it makes me confused. could anybody direct me to a tutorial that describes how to install vicidial only (the web only)? cause i'm newbie, please help me.
fachryonline

Re: HELP, how to install vicidial on CentOS?

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:15 pm

You shouldn't install Vicidial on that server. You should install it on a separate server. If you try to install it on the same server, it will take you several hours and it probably still won't work right. It's much easier to install a Vicibox ISO on a new server and then just connect it to your existing server through a SIP or IAX trunk.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby fachryonline » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:09 pm

why would it take several hours? and if i install the vicidial on another server, how to connect it through SIP? do you have any document? i'm only a web developer, so i didn't know anything about networking and i'm new about this.
fachryonline

Postby Acidshock » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Yes it would be a huge hassle. If anything install it on another server then create a sip trunk to his current asterisk server and redirect the calls there.
VERSION: 2.14-698a | BUILD: 190207-2301 | Asterisk:13.24.1-vici | Vicibox 8.1.2
Acidshock

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Your BEST bet would be to get a nice Virtual server to experimentally install on. Then you can start over a few times and find out how easy it is to install Vicidial (in hindsight, cuz it's a bit of a challenge if you have the pressure of "this server MUST work!" hovering over you).

Also, if you're a web dev, I'd think you already HAVE a virtual server running. But I digress.

Get a FREE copy of Vicibox.com's latest Standard Vicibox .iso (6.0.3). Use the FREE Vicibox.com PDF installatation instructions to get it installed in the server (virtual or physical, same instructions). this will WIPE the server's HD clean and install Everything needed to run Vicidial (including Asterisk, of course) and set the basic configuration options.

Next you'll switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual (available from EFLO.net, free ... but I recommend the paid version, trust me it'll earn its value many times!). Start at page ONE. Do NOT skip anything until you have a fully functional system. If you realize you're missing a feature, pick up where you left off. Don't skip anything.

Then you can understand that the "already built" asterisk server is cool ... but useless as a dialer.

OR: You can learn how to "install from scratch" and perform every line of code installation (automatically handled by Vicibox) yourself and (of course) endure the challenges of the fact that the OS was also not installed by Vicibox's installer and will probably need some extra help to make it compatible with Vicidial. This should not really take weeks. But ... it always does (if not months, honestly). And usually the IT person in question ends up calling someone like PoundTeam (um ... us :) ) to finish the install quick before they have to open and get on the phones. We charge $250 for the installation.

There's also a Very Old demo CD from which you need only "boot" (No installation! It's a demo CD!) and follow the instructions to use it. But when you reboot ... it all goes away (it's a CD, can't save! LOL).

Or you can Lease your first system (we do that, too as does The Vicidial Group and some other places). Then you don't have to mess with any of this for the first month or two (and you can build one slowly and bring your system in-house later, just by importing the Database).

We also have consultation services (to discuss how all this works with The Boss) as well as training ($35/hour for a three hour course to show you how everything works ... and you can use OUR server for the training!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby fachryonline » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:22 am

ok i get it, but how do i connect my vicidial with the asterisk server through SIP trunk? do you guys have any documents of it? by the way, i already downloaded the vicibox .ISO and tried to install it on my virtual box, but it didn't seems work, i guess i should try it again, and thank you guys for your answers, your answers are really helpful :)

and one other question, does asterisk 11 support vicidial? i read some articles on the internet that say i should downgrade the asterisk 11 if i want to use vicidial
fachryonline

Postby williamconley » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:24 pm

1) There is no reason to connect to the other asterisk server in any way. Asterisk is already running in Vicidial and passing the calls through another asterisk to satisfy the need of the person who built it to be able to say "that was not wasted time" ... is a waste of time. IMHO.

2) That being said: WHAT do you want to connect to it?

Agents connect to Vicidial via accounts in "Admin->Phones". The agent's soft phone connects to a Phone in this area. Did you want to connect those to the other asterisk, and then connect the agent's phones to the other asterisk server, thus passing all agent calls in and out through the other server? In that case, you'd need to create a mirrored account for each entry in Admin->Phones on the other server and pass calls through to the agents phones which would then need to have a connection to the other server and a way (within that server) to route calls from the Vicidial asterisk account to the Agent asterisk account. Seems like a long way to go to make the other server useful, but I've seen it done (of course, that was when the "other server" was a FreePBX server already in operation ... LOL).

Carriers/Telco's connect to Vicidial via "Admin->Carriers". The same description applies as to the above in agents, except in "Admin->Carriers" instead of "Admin->Phones". The VERY same description. (OK: Except you can't pass Vicidial Predictive Dialer calls for an enterprise level system through FreePBX, it will melt down! LOL I've seen that tried and actually gotten to say "I told you so ..." when the meltdown occurred each time, because FreePBX simply can not keep up with Vicidial!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support