Asterisk Management

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asterisk Management

Postby tbenson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 pm

We have been deploying some call centers and were interested in integration with a manager for asterisk. I ran into the long thread regarding trixbox integration, and stopped what we were trying for the moment.

This question sort of hits two parts:

Does anyone see a way to make a custom context for vicidial inside of freepbx. That way maybe a module could be made for freepbx that integrates and creates a nice small dialplan for Vicidial, instead of the current one for the entire system. It seems too elegant of a thought to be that easy to implement, otherwise I assume someone would have thought of it in the original thread. Which i guess it traverses each context on the way out, so that may just add more code?

Has anyone looked at the AsteriskNOW GUI that digium is releasing? I built one and was looking at it as a posiblity to just make easy extension setup combined with vici for the callcenter.

Trevor
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:30 pm

The custom context in FreePBX/Trixbox, will work, but it will also break some Trixbox settings and functionality.

As for Asterisk NOW, it is a good idea, but too buggy in it's current release for production call center use.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tbenson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:44 pm

I am less worried about custom trixbox, as I would just use freepbx installed without all the extras. Dont see a need to have SugerCRM on the Call Center as well. Although I assume most of the custom dialplan was from freepbx to begin with?

Yeah I would be waiting for at least the first release considered stable before bothering to use the Digium GUI, but it was very simplistic. Just wasnt sure if the dialplan was small as well, but will boot the box back up and look at it.

Trevor
tbenson

Return to General Discussion