Vicidial With Festival?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial With Festival?

Postby kieranmullen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Have asterisk, and vici installed. Looking to have the callers number or id pulled from db and announced before and after a call has ended.

1)Is this currently possible?
2)Is festival recommended? I didn't think it sounded to great myself.
3)Could someone contact me to what this would cost to integrate?

I dont think it would cost too much, but I thought I would check. I have emailed the consultants before but they didnt respond. Perhaps to busy?

Just watch.. Now I will get emails and responses to the later but not the former. :-)

Thank you

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:30 am

can you give a little more detail as the the exact two places that you would want the customer's number announced?

To simply say the digits of a phone number you don't need festival, you can use regular AGI with "spell" I believe.

Yes, the consultants are very busy, but that's good. Have you tried contacting all of the consultants on the Wiki as well?
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/index. ... onsultants
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kieranmullen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:36 am

Is there some type of process a programmer must go through in order to get on the list? I tried with one programmer on the list over a month to get sipbroker.com and gizmoproject.com working.

It would make sense to have some sort of web form on your site that one could fill out and then it would go to all dealers who are interested. It wouldnt be very hard to program.

Otherwise one has to resort to emailing every single one. I could send a BCC but some email systems block BCC emails.

As far as the place. I am at a loss how else to say it.

Play message A, Speak Number, Require Key Entry, Play Message B - Hang Up

The idea is to make sure someone is listening before playing message B.

Thank you

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:22 pm

So you would want to require DTMF entry from the agent after a caller has hung up their phone? I am not quite understanding what you are trying to accomplish.

As for the consultant issue, I have been think about adding a "Jobs-Request for Quotes" section to the forums where people could post their requests and have any available consultant message them back.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kieranmullen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:33 pm

No require key entry between 2 messages that are played to the called party to ensure they are ont he phone.

Example

Would you like to know your password ? Message A
Press 1 for no 2 for yes (switch it around :-)
Your Password is 12345
Thank you for Calling Goodbye Message B
Hangup

Is that a bit more clear?
Thank you

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:49 pm

Is this within the vicidial.php app after an agent is done talking with a customer? Or is this a separate IVR that would happen before the call is connected to an agent?

On the other issue, I have added the Forum for posting Jobs and asking for Quotes and Consultation:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewforum.php?f=6
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kieranmullen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 pm

This application only dials out from a list and does not deal with agents.
Maybe in the future, press 0 for help, but for now no.

KM
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Oh, OK, that's much simpler, then it's just customizing the SURVEY agi that is included with the astGUIclient package. This should only take a couple hours for a consultant who knows Asterisk and Perl to do.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gerski » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:04 am

this is like an IVR dialplan right? i already have done this with option of going to voicemail or transfer to another number..
gerski

Postby mflorell » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Kind of, except it is written in perl/AGI so that the data entered is put into the vicidial_list table so the agent will see the input if the call is sent to an agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion