Sangoma verus Digium Cards

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Sangoma verus Digium Cards

Postby kieranmullen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I have not seen much of a price difference between the two of them. Perhaps I am not looking in the right places?

Are there other options other than the digium cards?

What is sangomas selling point?

Thank you

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:33 am

There isn't really a price difference between them. another option is the new Rhino.

Sangoma cards have a 5 year warranty and are guaranteed to work in any PCI-compliant motherboard, Digium cards have a 2 year warranty and more of their purchase price goes to development of Asterisk. Also, Digium has a transcoding card which is not available from anyone else.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:39 am

Support the effort go Digium! If you need a reseller shoot me an email.

-Art
enjay

Postby kieranmullen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:28 pm

quickly taking a look at rhino... I suppose they would be used for larger than dual t1 installations? Do the channel banks themselves perform DAC?

I suppose its the DAC that makes the cards expensive? A Single T1/E1 digum is half the cost of a 8 line TDM808B card.

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby enjay » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:38 pm

I don't know a lot about Rhino other than they are here in Phoenix, Arizona where I am located.

I did speak briefly with their sales reps regarding channel banks and decided to go with adtrans instead.

There website shows their dual T1/E1 card at 649$ Im not sure what it does in terms of echo cancellation however.

-Art
enjay

Postby kieranmullen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:50 pm

I have dealt with adtran and rad data dommunications channel banks and multiplexers. I used to work for a distributer for a number of years putting together channel banks and multiplexers.

Dual = $600 ? I have Seen Single at $200-300 Where are the savings buying larger cards?

KM
kieranmullen

Postby enjay » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:30 pm

They are exponentially more expensive. You dont save money on cards that can facilitate more T1/E1's but to save money on not having to purchase additional servers to facilitate the cards (PCI Slot Limitations). Some installs which require say 10 T1's, I've yet to see a server with that many PCI slots.

So if you were to purchase 10 single T1 cards you clearly could not put them in the same server, however if you purchased 2 quads and a dual there are typically 3 available PCI slots.

Hope this makes sense.

-Art
enjay

Return to General Discussion