Outgoing callerid

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Outgoing callerid

Postby bowb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:04 pm

I have just setup up vicidial and it is working great so far. I am new to vicidial and asterisk and I am having an issue with the callerid. Before installing vicidial I was using the SetCallerId function to set outgoing callerid. Now that vicidial is installed I removed the SetCallerId function, but when I make an outgoing call to my voip provider the callerid showing is the phone extension. If I call out on ext. 103 outside of vicidial the callerid is showing as 103. How do I fix this? Is their a variable set when vicidial places calls that I can check against?

Thanks,

Truman
bowb

Postby chander.prakash » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Step 1.) Check with you service provider for activation of Dynamic Call Id. display. If they have not activated than ask them to activate.

Step 2.) If you set caller Id in sip.conf then commet it like this
;callerid="1212121212" <102>
by putting semi colon at the start of line.

Step 3.) If it still gives you problem then post your sip.conf. Let me see If I can help

Thanx
Chander Prakash
chander.prakash

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:36 pm

I would suggest using a different dialplan entry for your handset-dialed calls than the one that you use for VICIDIAL-dialed calls. You can use a different dialing prefix in your Campaign Detail settings to easily do this.

That way you can use SetCallerID for the hand-dialed calls, and not use it for VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Diaplan entry

Postby bowb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I will use the dialplan entry prefix and see if this will work.
bowb

Return to General Discussion