Static ip is not working

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Static ip is not working

Postby alexsticlaru » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello. Hope you can help me.

I have set a vicidial system and install : ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.0.iso. System is working well but when i try to set the internet connection with static IP with command :yast lan , connection is not work. I have a static IP from my internet provider and try to add on static IP a subnet IP of my static IP . My static IP is 62.231.71.252. I try to set an ip subnet for static IP :62.231.71.253. But with static IP internet connection doesn't work. Internet connection work just by DHCP. I try to add an IP adres to be accesed from everywhere. Still static IP is not work. Work just by DCP.
I attached the images of actually set
http://ldmis-call.com/img/vicidial.jpg

Thank you for help
alexsticlaru

Re: Static ip is not working

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 pm

If dhcp works, static will not work. Your server is on a private network on the wrong side of the router and can not directly "have" the public IP while on a private network without making some (serious) alterations in the router to allow that IP through the router to the Vicidial server. Generic routers are not often able to manage this, and you'll likely be a level three of tech support with your ISP before that works unless they provide multiple static IPs and you have a Switch directly connected to the ISP and the router AND Vicidial both connected to that switch. Thus the router gets ONE static IP and the Vicidial server gets another static IP, without going through the router to get to the ISP. Then your Vicidial server would have Two network cards, one on the internal network (with the agents) and one on the public network (directly connected to that switch which is directly connected to the ISP).

It's more likely that you don't need a "static IP" in the first place, with only a single Vicidial server (although not a bad idea). But to make that work, you'll need to have some changes made to your network to allow that public IP direct access to the Vicidial server.

Before we go there, I strongly suspect you could tell us why you think you need this "static IP" and we may be able to solve the problem without hardware changes (to be clear: It is NOT required to have a static IP for Vicidial to work 100% including making phone calls through a telephone company, even one that says that you should have a static IP!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion