Mounting ISO

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Mounting ISO

Postby virtualpbx » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:35 am

Hello,
I am seeking assistance to install vicidial on a server with pre-installed opensuse 15.1 OS, I normally just attached ISO, and have it boot from the attached ISO. But, I am trying this new server, which doesnt allow mounting ISO, they will only allow you to mount ISO with if their technicial will do it on the backend and there is a charge for mounthing ISO. So I am thinking of just installing the ISO or mounting the ISO on their Preconfigured opensuse platform, is there a way to just download the ISO from the vicibox.org to that server and install it. the vicibox.org file is in ISO form so i guess i need to mount it on that opensuse. thanks please guide me.
virtualpbx

Re: Mounting ISO

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:32 pm

You have a misunderstanding of the use of an .iso. The iso installers will install the Operating System. And you want to start with a system that already has an Operating System. Not compatible.

There are manual installation instructions for CentOS and Ubuntu "out there". But you may want to switch to a facility that will allow you to mount an .iso and install the OS.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion