Enabling mod_rewrite

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Enabling mod_rewrite

Postby dhijrwn » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am

Hello guys,

Im trying to enable mod_rewrite in my web server, So im creating a simple dashboard for custom reporting for my user and im using MVC pattern for this. Please help.

so itried to edit the config file in default-server.conf in /etc/apache2

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride all
Require all granted

# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
<IfModule !mod_access_compat.c>
Require all granted
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_access_compat.c>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</IfModule>

and loaded the rewrite module in loadmodule.conf

after restarting, still not working.
Cluster setup i7-9700 cpu @ 3.00ghz 32GB ram 1xDB WEB ARCH 11xTEL 4core
ViciBox v.9.0.3 ISO VERSION:2.14-853a BUILD: 220328-1420
SVN: 3595 DB Schema: 1657 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
Zoiper 5 | VICIPhone| No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
dhijrwn

Re: Enabling mod_rewrite

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby dhijrwn » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Sorry my bad.

Cluster setup
ViciBox v.8.1.2 ISO
VERSION: 2.14-733a
BUILD: 200115-1702
Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
Cluster setup i7-9700 cpu @ 3.00ghz 32GB ram 1xDB WEB ARCH 11xTEL 4core
ViciBox v.9.0.3 ISO VERSION:2.14-853a BUILD: 220328-1420
SVN: 3595 DB Schema: 1657 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
Zoiper 5 | VICIPhone| No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
dhijrwn

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Progress. 8-)

Next up: mod_rewrite doesn't appear to be what you are attempting to enable, but rather mod_access_compat. Is it your assertion then that they are related?

While we're here, this question is related more to that version of Apache on that OS. But you have not listed the OS or Apache versions (of course, anyone with that .iso installer will have the same apache version and OS version). But there are plenty of Non-Vicidial forums related to apache and OpenSuSE that may be more on-point.

You can also consider using yast to help resolve your issue, since it has management tools for apache as well.

Here's a link that ... may help: https://lmgtfy.com/?qtype=search&q=Open ... od_rewrite
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion