[ Story ] Agents using bug as a feature

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

[ Story ] Agents using bug as a feature

Postby covarrubiasgg » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:52 pm

Folks, i have been working on the Call Center industry since 2008 and agents/reps keep amazing me with their creativity to mess it up :shock:

Last night I upgraded a cluster, cant remember which version (SVN) it was before the upgrade, but it was a version from early this year.

I made tests on all servers as usual, but this morning was HELL !!!! A flood of tickets reporting "agents can't make calls", "System is not working", "Vicidial is broken"... dozen of tickets

I tested again every server on the cluster and everything was working... i was really scratching my head but I breath, keep calm and verify by my self with an agents the error they were getting.

It turns, that they are on an Automatic Campaign (RATIO) but they get bored when contact is low, so they use to use MANUAL DIAL and click DIAL with an empty phone and apparently on the previous version Vicidial dialed a random number from the hopper. On the most recent version, now that is not allowed, now if they click dial on an empty number they received "You must enter a phone number to use manual dial"

That seems obvious to me that a phone number was required to manual dial, but not for the reps :wink: Now we had to change campaigns to INBOUND_MANUAL because they used to dial ALL THEIR CALLS using the empty phone number method they invented. I wonder how on earth an exploit of a bug became standard process among 120 users...

Anyway, I just wanted to share my frustration :twisted:
covarrubiasgg

Re: [ Story ] Agents using bug as a feature

Postby mflorell » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:38 am

Yes, a client telling us a similar story is how we found and fixed that exact issue actually.

This happens a lot, agents can be a bored and quite resourceful bunch sometimes :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion