power dialing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

power dialing

Postby center55 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi....I'm new to vici...and i hope i am posting this in the correct forum...

I wanted to know if vicidialer can dial in a power mode...meaning that when the agent presses a "next" (or similar) button, the software will dial and detect busy lines, no answers, wrong numbers....but only connect live calls or answering machines to the agent.....

.....this way there will never be the lag time that there is in predictive dialing...

sort of...an in between manual and predictive mode.....

Thank You

Isaac :D
center55

Postby aster1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:16 pm

No there is no answering machine detection in vicidial for manual dial mode by default ( maybe it can be implemented by hacking some code ) . Even though it seems like there is lot of lag between calls in predictive dial .. it still saves lot of agent times by already filtering most of answering machines .

Answering machine detection is pretty useless in manual dial i think . Agent clicks on next button it makes call it its ans machine it hangs up but still agent will need to click next to dial next number , In this case isnt it better that agent hears answering machine message and hangup himself . You dont expect that Agent click next and he directly hears HELLO , do you ?

Even though there is lag between calls in predictive dial it still saves lot of time by skipping Ringing ... Answering machine removal,etc.

Just my worthless 2 cents .
aster1

answering machine detection - power dialing

Postby center55 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:33 pm

Thank you for replying...

Actually the lag time i am reffering to is the lag the call recipient gets before he hears someone on the other end. This lag usualy exists with predictive dialing....especially when answering machine detection is on.

As far as manual dialing/power dialing...what i am reffering to is that the agent presses the next button, and the computer calls and detects, busy and no answers, and if a live call or ans mach picks up - the call is put through....now if the agent hears it's a ans. mach. then he/she pushes a button which takes over the ans. mach. call and leaves a pre recorded message, while the agent is busy with the next call (this should save the agent time! - I think)

Now isn't answering machine detection available in manual mode (when the agent hears that it is a answering machine - he lets the computer takeover)??

What about power dialing??

Thanx for everything

center55

Re: answering machine detection - power dialing

Postby Michael_N » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

center55 wrote:Thank you for replying...

Actually the lag time i am reffering to is the lag the call recipient gets before he hears someone on the other end. This lag usualy exists with predictive dialing....especially when answering machine detection is on.

There should not be any lag, asterisk should pass the call thru when the call is answered, so i would recomend you to investigate the reason why there is a lag.

Maybe there is something in your setup that can be improved

I would recomend you to buy manager manual

http://www.eflo.net/store.php
Michael_N

Power Dialing

Postby center55 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:56 pm

Actually, I didn't setup vici yet.......the information i am getting is from the user manual...and i quote...

"- How much delay is there before a customer gets to my phone?
This depends on several things. If you have been waiting for a call for more than 3 seconds, there is a
good chance that there was less than a second of delay while the customer was transferred to you. If it
was a very quick transfer after you just logged in or dispositioned a previous call, then there is a good
chance that the customer may have waited two or more seconds before you(the next available agent)
was able to take their call. The exception to these is if your system has Answering Machine
Detection(AMD) enabled. If that is the case, there can be a one-half to two second delay on all calls
getting to an agent. Your manager should know if you have AMD enabled for your campaign."

now it seems from this that there is lag (or delay) time...as there is in most predictive dialers, because the algortithm could never be set exactly........or am i getting it all wrong.....???

Thanx again for all your help,

T
center55

powerdial/Prediktive dial

Postby Michael_N » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:16 am

There is a setting called ratiodial in vicidial,

It makes ite possible to set a dialrate as a constant.
The problem with rato/powerdialing, either you gets a unaccepteble rate of dropped calls or to litle talk time.
Michael_N

Postby aster1 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:43 am

There is very small lag .. I think you should setup vicidial and find out yourself :) . Asterisk first does its answering machine detection then executes call transfer agi script so agent never gets any lag but customer might need to say a extra hello .
aster1

power dial

Postby center55 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:44 am

Thanx for your replies....

I really would like to create a fast dial situation...where the customer does not have to say hello.....hello....twice.....

alot of people are starting to realize that when they have to say hello twice....they were dialed by a predictive dialer.....and it creates a negative "telemarketing" mood

Isaac :)
center55

Re: powerdial/Prediktive dial

Postby center55 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:52 am

Michael_N wrote:There is a setting called ratiodial in vicidial,

It makes ite possible to set a dialrate as a constant.
The problem with rato/powerdialing, either you gets a unaccepteble rate of dropped calls or to litle talk time.

I'm not understanding...
in power dial..(if there is such a feature) there shouldn't be any dropped calls....it is only dialing according to the agents present..(or...when the agent pressesa button)
center55

Postby aster1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:25 am

In ratio dial you set a dial level per agent like suppose level is at 3 so when one agent logs in it makes 3 calls simultaneously .. 2 agents 6 calls and so on ...
aster1

Postby Michael_N » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:04 pm

aster1 wrote:In ratio dial you set a dial level per agent like suppose level is at 3 so when one agent logs in it makes 3 calls simultaneously .. 2 agents 6 calls and so on ...

Powerdial is the same as ratiodial isent it?
Michael_N

Return to General Discussion