3 Way Call Drops randomly

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

3 Way Call Drops randomly

Postby Clinton » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:39 am

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem whereby our agent transfers a customer to the client via the 3 way conference process, my agent hands over the customer and hangs up, whilst the customer is on the line with the client's agent the call disconnects at random times.

This happens a few minutes after the call is transferred however NEVER whilst we are on the call, the timeframe is never consistent and it doesn't happen with every call.

We have a SIP solution in place however it has not changed - prior or after SIP solution.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue, how do I identify the root cause?

Regards,

Clinton Perumal
Clinton

Re: 3 Way Call Drops randomly

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:27 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Sample asterisk CLI output from a single event is essential for this sort of troubleshooting. Logs are located in /var/log/asterisk and /var/log/astguiclient. Both may have interesting/related data for who initiated the termination.

4) Does this occur on ALL calls, reliably, but at different times? Or on some calls? Is there a pattern?

5) Do you have a log of reported events?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion