Change Images to Buttons in AstGUIClient

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Change Images to Buttons in AstGUIClient

Postby tbenson » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:16 pm

http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=116

We noticed issues with people still being logged into vicidial in resume or pause mode. At first I thought maybe they clicked pause and extremely quickly clicked logout. I am not sure this doesnt cause the issue, but we tracked it back to something else.

Occasionally we noticed Agents dragging the buttons trying to move very quickly in vicidial, this shows a script being dragged. When they let go of the script some features would be non functional. Sometimes they could not click pause because pause was what they dragged. It was not consistant that every time it would do it. However after testing we could get the pause or resume buttons to lock sometimes by dragging them, causing an agent to be stuck in resume when trying to pause or vise versa.

The idea we had was change the buttons from images to actual submit buttons thus dragging doesnt do anything. I am not really sure what the script action that firefox appears to be doing, but the buttons not responding to clicks was fairly annoying ;).

If someone things that this is cause by something else, please speak up. I may not have gotten it 100%, but this deffinately seems to be part of it.

Thanks
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 am

Have you tried switching one of the images to a form button to see if this works?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tbenson » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Not yet, had not had the time to try though. Will be giving it a shot this week (i hope) otherwise its 2 weeks out at least, as I am on vacation next week.
tbenson

Postby Op3r » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Funny I never had any issues about it but I think yes sometimes thats a problem when the pause and resume button is being dragged.

off topic

good to know that people still remember to get a vacation.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby tbenson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 pm

mflorell wrote:Have you tried switching one of the images to a form button to see if this works?

Oh and I didnt load the code yet, but if you check just the login page for AGC you notice that the button for submit cannot be dragged to a script. So i know it works to stop the script drag action, do not know if it totally resolves the lockup issues in pause and resume yet.

Thanks
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, Network+, MCP
A1 Network Solutions - VoIP Business phone systems, Call Centers, Failover and Load Balanced network design.
tbenson

Return to General Discussion