VICIDIAL Mini Conference at Astricon

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL Mini Conference at Astricon

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:37 am

I have finally decided to go ahead with a VICIDIAL mini-conference at Astricon in Phoenix, AZ, USA in September.

I'm not positive as to the content or structure of it at this point, it may even just be a way to get everyone that is interested in VICIDIAL together to go over things, but it will be held at some time during the Astricon conference. http://www.astricon.net

Please let me know what you think about this and if you will be able to attend.
Last edited by mflorell on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:57 pm

Since my house lands about 10 miles west of the hotel, I figure I'll be there :)

-Art
enjay

Postby ksexton » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:23 pm

Not sure if my company is going to let me go or not. Is this still going on? Do you have any details of times or locations on where to meet up?
ksexton

Postby mflorell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:13 pm

It will most likely be at least tuesday and wednesday night, and possibly thursday night as well. There may be some lunch sessions too. There is so much going on at Astricon that it's hard to fit around it, but it is still the best time to try a VICIDIAL event with a bunch of Asterisk users around.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ksexton » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:31 pm

Ok, officially got approval to attend the conference. Now where's the meetup? :P Is there a place that we can all plan on meeting, or a way for us all to get in touch once we're there?
ksexton

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:41 am

I'm not familiar with the layout of the Carefree Resort, but I will be arriving on Tuesday for developer day and I will post here as soon as I arrive to notify all of us attending to where we will be meeting.

I look forward to meeting all of you there!
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:12 pm

After looking at my schedule and the Astricon schedule here is when we will most likely have some sessions:

- Tuesday, Sept. 25th - 3PM-6PM - informal meeting and Q&A
- Wednesday, Sept. 26th - 6PM-8PM - VICIDIAL training
- Thursday, Sept. 27th - 4:30PM-7:30PM - BOF session, informal discussions

The locations for these have not been set yet, but there is at least a framework that fits within the Astricon schedule at this point. There may also be other opportunities during Astricon for smaller training sessions, and I will have my dialer-on-a-laptop with me to do demos and troubleshootin on.

Let me know what you think.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:19 pm

I am here on site at Astricon. I should be posting the location soon of our meet and greet in the next couple of hours as I find a good spot for it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Today (Tuesday, Sept 25th) at 3PM we will meet in the Lobby of the Carefree Resort to see how many people we have and then go to a meeting place that will fit us all. For the next two sessions I will post their location here hopefully later tonight.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion