training with the freepbx folks?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

training with the freepbx folks?

Postby kieranmullen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:02 am

the guys over at freepbx are looking at putting a training together

perhaps vicidial could have a training at the same time at the same location? that woudl be pretty cool

http://www.freepbx.org/news/2007-12-07/ ... mment-8805
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:50 am

There is quite a bit to go over in VICIDIAL, we just had our first 5-day training bootcamp this month and it does take quite a while to go over VICIDIAL in depth. Partnering is an interesting idea, but there would need to be a lot of details worked out before we could make it happen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kieranmullen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Oh deat I messed that. I have not been to the forum in ages. Is there a separate mailing list for that? Where can Ifind details on the past trianing?

was any of it online?

Thank you

KieranMullen
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:54 am

Here is the training page on the eflo.net website. We should be posting information on the next bootcamp(scheduled for March or April) in January.
http://www.eflo.net/training.php
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kieranmullen » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:45 am

Do you have a low volume email lsit? This works better that checking and rechecking websites.

I dont want to start a flame war and I do realize that the training is an entire week, however isnt the price a bit high? Dcap certification is the same price.
kieranmullen

Postby mflorell » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:03 am

It is actually the Asterisk Bootcamp that is $3000 for 5 days, just like our training was, except we limited enrollment of our courses to 15 people so that the participants could get more out of it.

Another frame of reference price-wise is the Trixbox training which is $1999 for 3 days.

The training program that we will offer in March/April will be different from the one we had earlier this month. We are considering breaking up the training as Digium has done to allow spending more time on manager training and administrator training separately. 5 days is also a bit much for 9-hours-a-day intensive training courses.

We do not currently have a separate mailing list for the training, but if you have completed the survey to download a manual and selected to be on the mailing list then you should receive a notice of the new training program when we have them finalized.

If you have any other feedback on training, or what you would like to see in it please let me know.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion