Slackware 10.2 with Vicidialer

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby nitinsrivastava » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:10 am

Hi,
This post must be deleted now by the Web Adminstrator.
Last edited by nitinsrivastava on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
nitinsrivastava

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:40 am

Is there any reason you need a sound card for Asterisk?

As for the network card, what kind is it? Did you load the network drivers in the "make menuconfig" step for that network adapter?

Did everything work fine after you first installed Slaskware?

Is there a specific reason that you wanted to build your own custom kernel?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nitin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:24 am

Do I need to build custom kernel? I wasn't sure if I needed to do that for the ViciDialer to work. 2.6 was compiled with the thought that it was needed with Slackware.

Everything worked fine when Slackware was first installed. It stopped detecting my Sound Card and Network card after it was rebooted after compiling the kernel. It was giving an error message. I am not at my desk right now...I can let you know what network card I have in a few hours. Do I need a soundcard for Asterisk, Softphone and ViciDialer to work together?

Thanks for your response.
Nitin

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:59 am

You do NOT need to compile a custom kernel. That is optional and only needed if you have over 1GB of RAM or other special setups. It also can optimize your system but it is not required.

If you delete the entries you made in the lilo.conf then run lilo again it should revent back to the old default kernel.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nitin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Thanks...will revert back to the old kernel.

Do I need a soundcard for Asterisk, Softphone and ViciDialer to work together? I was under the impression that we did. Please let me know.

Thanks again.
Nitin

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:01 am

You should not be running a softphone client on the Asterisk server. You should not be running Xserver(Gnome or KDE) on the Asterisk server. You should not need a soundcard for the Asterisk server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion