Request For Guidance

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Request For Guidance

Postby bmorrison » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Hello,

We heart our vicidial box that was installed and configured by one of the fine folks we met through these forums. We've added some hardware (a new PBX system), and while our consultant is on vacation, I'm wondering if someone here has a suggestion (or two):

We just added a separate FreePBX box (replacing a very old and crappy and expensive proprietary phone system) on the same network as the vicidial box. At the moment, vicidial uses voip to broadcast which is then sent through zap to the DID of our inbound sales queue. We control the number of channels vicidial is dialing out with by setting the number of remote agents. It works, but I can't help but wonder if there is a better way. This doesn't seem to be utilizing vicidial's predictive capabilities, for example.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how we might get vicidial to broadcast more efficiently, e.g. adjust the number of channels based upon how many sales agents are in a call (and the dialer is now burning up voip) or just sitting there (and now the sales agent is burning up labor)?

Thanks in advance for forgiving my noobness...
bmorrison

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:40 am

Yes, setting up your agents to use VICIDIAL directly would help. Do your agents have computers with web browsers?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bmorrison » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:57 am

Yup, that they do.
bmorrison

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 am

I would suggest using the standard vicidial agent interface for your agents and connecting to their phones either through an EXTERNAL vicidial phones connection, or registering their SIP/IAX phones directly to the VICIDIAL server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bmorrison » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am

Hmm. In the long run which, do you think, would be the most efficient: Using external vicidial phones or registering SIP phones directly on vicidial? Or does it matter?
bmorrison

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:39 am

It shouldn't really matter, you just need to remember to configure the phone in Asterisk AND configure it in the VICIDIAL admin.php.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion