Custom campaign CallerID.

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Custom campaign CallerID.

Postby AIRAM » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 pm

Has anybody tested custom campaign CallerID over IAX termination?

I have an IAX channel with CID pass-through enabled and I'm able to send caller ID if I use the SetCallerID command but from the VICIDIAL interfece doesn't seem to work. Does it need to be on certain format. I noticed that with my provider it will only work if I send CID in NXXNXXXXXX format as opposed of 1NXXNXXXXXX which is the format I have worked most with. And I'm not sure if that could have something to do with the way VICIDIAL is trying to send CID info.

Any assitance is appreciated.
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:52 pm

VICIDIAL sends NXXNXXXXXX which is the standard CallerIDNumber format in the USA. Whether it works or not will depend upon your termination provider and how they have set your service up. VICIDIAL Campaign CallerID is definable in the campaign Detail modification screen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AIRAM » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Let me refrase that.

I have done the change in the campaign callerd ID but what I meant is that with other GUI's for asterisk, like Asterisk@Home's AMP, you need to use speciall formats for the CID to be passed correctly (i.e. <1NXXNXXXXXX>) where if you miss the <> simbols it doesn't pass the CID at all. Also wanted to make sure that VICIDIAL didn't add the 1 to the CID since that will not make it work with my provider. And also wanted to know if someone had tested the CID on IAX channels.

Thanks for any assistence on this matter.
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:41 pm

You need to put only 10 digits in that field, VICIDIAL takes care of the formatting with the < and > and "" for the callerIDname.

VICIDIAL does not add a 1 to your 10 digits for outbound callerID.

I have tested outbound callerID with IAX trunks and as long as your provider is set up to accept it and pass it on it will work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion