Vicidial CBT or computer based training

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial CBT or computer based training

Postby fintech » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Does anybody know of a computer based training video for vicidial. This would be great.
fintech

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 pm

None as of yet, we do have onsite training and training classes that we do here in Tampa, FL USA. The manager and agent manuals are really the best end user documentation we have. As for videos or in-depth training materials online, the money is not really there to support it, and the problem of piracy means we cannot recoup our costs for producing it so we haven't invested in doing it yet. This is also why you don't see online training for Asterisk or FreePBX or Trixbox.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby fintech » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:03 pm

I see, did you ever think about video taping one of your training sessions. Maybe try encrypting the disk like rosetta stone. I have no problems paying.
fintech

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Not a bad idea, we will look into that. I know that it is quite expensive to use the high-end DRM for computer video, and I feel horrible even considering using DRM, but with this kind of item if we offer 16 hours of video that cost us thousands fo dollars to produce we would never break even putting it out for standard online distribution.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby js19 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't see much point to a video, really. Do people not know how to read anymore? :P For general stuff, the manual for vicidial is perfectly adequate and the Asterisk book published by O'Reilly is more than enough to get someone up and running. I would think that anyone looking in to vicidial and asterisk is going to be fairly technical and capable of figuring things out from available written materials. The most complicated part is getting it installed. Just from my own installation troubles I think the sorts of problems one might have with vicidial or asterisk are usually going to be pretty specific to each installation. My biggest problems installing were all linux or zaptel-related. Once I got past that, I had no trouble with either the astguiclient or asterisk. I'm sure it's probably the same for everyone.The best way to learn is to dig in to it, and when you have trouble, google is your friend.
js19

Postby fintech » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Its really more about time and motivation. I read hundreds of computer science books in college. I tend to learn better in a class type environment.
fintech

Postby codehaxor » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 am

videos coming out soon on my youtube channel, also i am finishing my new easy to install document for debian. no need to pay for 1500$ alligator consultants installation fee.
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 am

When publishing anything to do with the VICIDIAL name, please refer to our Trademark use policy:
http://vicidialva.com/index.php?page=Le ... =Trademark

Thanks
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion