vicidial_list table size

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial_list table size

Postby js19 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm just wondering how big everyone's table is and what kind of hardware you are running it on? I'm using stratasoft right now and I have 500k leads loaded in to the dialer. I maintain a separate sql database with 11million records in it that I grab new leads from for import into stratasoft on a weekly basis. I also purge old leads once in a while because opening the tables and setting filters starts to take too long. The plan for the db server for vici will be running off a Raid-5 array with 6 15k rpm sas drives on an iscsi SAN.

Since vicidial uses mysql, i'm sure i'll get much better performance from my database and can probably load more or all of my list. It would be nice to load 2-3 million leads, set list order to "down count 4nd new" or something and just change the filter. Right now I consider it a pain to have to load new leads every week.

Also, when leads are added to the hopper, is it done in a random order from the vicidial_list table and then ordered by the list order?
js19

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:31 pm

I am familiar with Stratasoft :)

I have had over 12 million leads in the vicidial_list table at once on a quad core database server with 4GB RAM and it wasn't that bad as far as performance with 100 agents.

The order going into the hopper is by default set to the order that the leads were loaded into the system, you can change this by settingthe lead order to the different options, or if you are really ambitious you can try the List Mix options that usually offer too much control, even for large call centers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby js19 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Just looked at list-mix. Looks awesome. Gonna try messing around with the script to mix on sic codes instead of status codes. ^_^
js19

Postby mflorell » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:33 am

Just one note on List Mix, you do need to switch the AST_VDhopper.pl that you are running to AST_VDhopper_MIXtest.pl for it to work.
mflorell
Site Admin

List-Mix functional

Postby Freddy_rixcom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:20 am

Hi Matt,
i'm trying to set-up List-Mix feature on Vicidial 2.0.4.
In the administrator page of list-mix it say "experimental - non functional"
If I changhe cron execution on perl script like you say in the previous post, it become functional?
in Vicidial 2.0.4.1rc4 it is fully functional?
If i change the pl script, does normal loading of hopper leads function for a normal campaign?
Thanks in advance
Freddy_rixcom

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:38 am

Yes, if you change the crontab script then it will become functional. It is not the default at this point because it has only been used at a few companies, it might become default for the next release.

Even though the page will still say Experimental it will become fully functional if you change the crontab. The other hopper loading methods will still work as well.
mflorell
Site Admin

List_Mix

Postby Freddy_rixcom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:34 am

Thank you very much for your help.
I tried to set it up and it works well.
Freddy_rixcom

Return to General Discussion