Recommended IAX provider in Florida

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Recommended IAX provider in Florida

Postby jbarthle » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 am

Can anyone suggest an IAX provider in Florida? I signed up with Binfone because they sponsor the VICIDial project and they are top notch in service and support, but our packets are making too many hops to get to their server and we have way too much jitter.
jbarthle

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:42 pm

The geographic distance isn't always the most important part, the carrier is often more important. For instance, to get from a Verizon T1 to a RoadRunner cable circuit IN THE SAME ROOM of the same building, it can take 25 hops going all the way up to Washington DC before making it back to the same room in Clearwater, FL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jbarthle » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Good point. What recommendations can you make to resolve the problem then? I'm trying to find out about getting an MPLS circuit to Binfone. I unfortunately know very little about T1's. Would that help? By the way, VICIDial works like a champ. Kudos.
jbarthle

ViciDial Group IAX Termination

Postby Kumba » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm

My company (ViciDial Group) has recently started offering a high-volume IAX termination solution for call centers. We have designed it specifically for the ViciDial server crowd. We have successfully been able to push over 60 channels down a single T1. The codec we use is GSM so the audio quality is better then a cell phone but not as clear as ULAW.

We have started offering this because of the needs for an efficient high-volume line capacity solution for predictive dialing. If this is something you might be interested in feel free to send me an e-mail. Thanks.
Kumba

Return to General Discussion