IDEFisk and ViciDialer

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

IDEFisk and ViciDialer

Postby Bill2 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Does anyone know if the library files issue of IDEFisk's Linux version has been resolved? We tried to install it a couple of weeks ago and it gave the missing library files error.

Also, how is the performance of IDEFisk's linux version with ViciDialer and Asterisk. Can we install all 3 on the same server? If not, what's the optimal way to go about it.

Thanks
Bill2

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:54 pm

You should not be using a softphone on the same machine that has Asteirsk on it.

As for the Linux version of IDEfisk I have not tried it lately.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Bill2 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:20 am

Thanks. If we have the softphone installed on a separate machine - Does that machine need to have the same distro of linux installed and would we need 2 IP's (one for the Asterisk server and another for the softphone?).

Thanks
Bill2

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:52 am

The separate machine can have whatevery you want on it I would geuss, and it has nothing to do with your Asterisk server since it is only being used for a client softphone, it could even be Windows or a Macintosh.

I really don't know how you could have a separate machine use the same physical IP address as your Asterisk server, so yes you will need at least 2 IP addresses.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion