What are the recommended timing card?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

What are the recommended timing card?

Postby eijal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi

I just want to know what card is better for timing

X100P?
TDM400P?
SANGOMA A200?
The new AEX from digium?
another?

For instance, in my experience the TDM400P is much better than X100P for timing, but I don't know about the others.

What do you recommend?

Thanks
eijal

Postby js19 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm

I have an x100p because I am strictly voip. I'm not sure if it's a motherboard issue or an x100p issue, but a couple days ago, it just stopped working when I was out of the office. Someone else rebooted the server so I'm not sure exactly what happened (if it somehow lost its irq assignment), but when it restarted, zaptel didn't load properly and so meetme conferences wouldn't work. cat /proc/interrupt didn't show wcfxo.

The solution involved moving it to a different pci slot and then moving it back to its original one. I have some extra ones so I might try swapping them if it does happen again. The only thing I can do is wait and see if it will happen again though. Other than that, it seems to work well.

I'm wondering what others think about this though. Should I get something other than the x100p?
js19

Return to General Discussion