Qwest Excessive Call Attempt Surcharge

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Qwest Excessive Call Attempt Surcharge

Postby mxtreme311 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Qwest (the underlying network provider in our area) will be implementing a new surcharge on Voice T1 PRI circuits in the near future, as part of this surcharge any circuit that has less than a 50% answer rate will be charged $10 per month the answer rate is below 50% per DS0 (so on a T1, $230 per month). This is bad, our LD provider says we are at about 47% now, I think I can increase our answer rate by letting the calls ring longer, but our contact at our LD company says the biggest way to help increase the answer rate is to scrub out calls that have certain PRI Cause Values (i.e. 1,2,3,21, etc.) is there any way that VICIDIAL can be aware of these Cause Values and pass them back to the database to mark the numbers as not dialable?
mxtreme311

Postby mflorell » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Cause values on PRIs in the USA are not very accurate unfortunately. I'm surprised they are even giving you the option to keep your circuit if they are implementing this. I know companies that would jump at the chance to pay that if they were guaranteed not to be throttled by the carrier for excessive no-Answers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion