Do Not Call Lists.

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Do Not Call Lists.

Postby AIRAM » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Does anybody knows if VICIDIAL has any type of support for existing DNC Lists?

If it doesn't would the DNC status in the campaigns prevent from calling that number even if it is in a duplicate entry?
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:36 pm

With the current release there is not support for it and coding a lead as DNC will not guarantee that it cannot be loaded in again and called again.

But, I just finished an internal DNC list feature last week that should be in the next snapshot that does do this feature, and you can select whether a campaign will follow the internal DNC list or not. If it's in the DNC list and the campaign has DNC active you will not be able to dial that number from that campaign.

Should have the next snapshot out tomorrow or early next week.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AIRAM » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Sounds really good. Will be waiting for that.

Though I have not done an "upgrade". I usually just build a new server (for testing before making it production) but I do have a server that I'm about to turn loose so will be a good box to do an upgrade.

Guess that for VICIDIAL and ASTGUICLIENT doing an install would upgrade them. But obviusly there is a database change. Would this just be a matter of adding a couple of new tables in the database? Will apreciate any instructions you can provide on this.
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:45 pm

upgrades are pretty easy, just take a look at the README.txt file and you'll see the upgrade instructions at the bottom for each version.

It's prety much just running the install script, running the upgradeXXX.sql file in MySQL to update the database and re-configuring your AST_SERVER_conf.pl and dbconnect.php scripts.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AIRAM » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:07 am

Matt,

Thanks a lot for all your help. The project seems to be great and I have noticed great improvements from previous versions. Keep up the great job!!

We are also interested on a Q&A session on the phone with you. How much will you charge per hour for this type of consulting? Also how can we go about arranging that?

Thanks again for the help.
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:20 am

Thank you very much. I do phone consultations all the time, I have sent you an email with the details.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion