QUEMETRICS + VICIDIAL

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

QUEMETRICS + VICIDIAL

Postby Op3r » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:24 am

I was thinking if it is possible to integrate quemetrics with vicidial for full reporting or just get the concept of quemetrics and develop the reporting capabilities of VICIDIAL.

I am thinking in order to fully support this project. With matt's permission some of the advance reporting will be made as a paid module from eflo.net the proceeds might fund VICIDIAL developments.

anyone who wants to add more with the idea is welcome.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:33 am

What kind of reports are you loking for?

The only things I can see that QueueMetrics does that VICIDIAL's current reports don't do is SLA(Service Level Agrement) which is just the wait time of calls broken down into 10second time periods, the ability to view it's reports by different time periods and different formatting of reports.

The missing features could certainly be added to the exiswting VICIDIAL reports section, but copying the look-and-feel of QueueMetrics would not be advisable because QueueMetrics is not GPL and I want to avoid any trouble with copying anything from a proprietary program.

Getting VICIDIAL to work with the Existing QueueMetrics application would be messy and require a very large amount of log files to be created from the database logs, or it would require someone figuring out QMs database format and creating an exporter to move the data from VICIDIAL to QM.

Either way I would prefer to keep the reports in the GPL release of VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:38 am

Looks like I reversed myself :)

I had a client request that VICIDIAL allow for QueueMetrics logging, and because of some newer features in QM it is easier to just insert records into a queue_log database table. Because of this, it was not as difficult to allow for Queuemetrics logging.

This code is now in SVN, and the logging settings are configurable in the new SYSTEM SETTINGS section under Admin in admin.php.

Remember that queue_log logging creates a tremendous amount of log entries that will need to be purged often to keep everything running fast. But the overall performance hit from doing the additional logging is actually very small.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development