Lead Management System

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Lead Management System

Postby rajeevpn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:04 am

Posting this in dev rather than features as we are working on a few of the following and will soon post it toeht tracker.

Been looking at some sort of a lead management system for VICIDIAL (based on PM with mflorell and a few of our customers). To summarize, the current lead management system can do list uploading, search for a particular lead, map multiple lists to a campaign, reset call counts, within the campaign - have certain dispositions respooled automatically, choose to call certain dispositions, pick leads from lists in a particular order (UP / DOWN and so on).

Based on feedback from one of our customers, we would like to see if we can together create the following features:
1. have leads from multiple lists go to the hopper based on a pre-defined logic : 2 from list id 101 and then 3 from 102 and so on. Typically useful when customers use lead sets from different sources.
2. Auto dispose leads to an internal DNC if they say, for example, hit answering machine more than 10 times
3. have multiple calling times across timezones - say 9AM to 9 PM for Eastern but 1PM to 5PM for central and so on.
4. Scrubbing a la bulcrack's post with php frontend- should have a beta version up next week.

Please feel free to post ideas! If anyone has worked on a similar or complementary feature, would appreciate a PM or post so we can collaborate

thanks
rajeev
rajeevpn

Re: Lead Management System

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:47 am

rajeevpn wrote:1. have leads from multiple lists go to the hopper based on a pre-defined logic : 2 from list id 101 and then 3 from 102 and so on. Typically useful when customers use lead sets from different sources.

This has been a popular request, I would like to hear more about how this would work and what options for this item specifically would be desired and I can work on this once the 2.0.2 release is done.
2. Auto dispose leads to an internal DNC if they say, for example, hit answering machine more than 10 times

I don' think setting those to DNC would be a good idea, but maybe a DEAD status or something like that would be wise. But in any case auto-lead changing after a certain number of calls is also a good idea. The only issue with this is that it could be very database intensive to count statuses of calls in vicidial_log for every lead. This is something that might do well to run once per day at night.
3. have multiple calling times across timezones - say 9AM to 9 PM for Eastern but 1PM to 5PM for central and so on.

This one will be quite difficult and database intensive since calling time restrictions are already very complicated and this would increase that. It might also be interesting to do different time-zone calling restrictions per list.
4. Scrubbing a la bulcrack's post with php frontend- should have a beta version up next week.

Can you describe a little more detail the scrubbing features?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rajeevpn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:58 am

mflorell wrote:
rajeevpn wrote:1. have leads from multiple lists go to the hopper based on a pre-defined logic : 2 from list id 101 and then 3 from 102 and so on. Typical
ly useful when customers use lead sets from different sources.

This has been a popular request, I would like to hear more about how this would work and what options for this item specifically would be d
esired and I can work on this once the 2.0.2 release is done.

Essentially what happens is the following: the client receives a lead set which they probably have used a couple times and then they get a
lead set from a different source that is possibly fresh - say 101 and 102 Now, I want to to be able to populate the hopper, with maybe 2 leads from 101 and 3 leads from 102 and 2 again from 101 and so forth

mflorell wrote:
rajeevpn wrote:2. Auto dispose leads to an internal DNC if they say, for example, hit answering machine more than 10 times

I don' think setting those to DNC would be a good idea, but maybe a DEAD status or something like that would be wise. But in any case auto-
lead changing after a certain number of calls is also a good idea. The only issue with this is that it could be very database intensive to
count statuses of calls in vicidial_log for every lead. This is something that might do well to run once per day at night.

True - that's what I meant by 'internal DNC'. Yes, I do agree that this could increase the load on the DB and should perhaps be a cron that
can be run when there's no calling happening!
mflorell wrote:
rajeevpn wrote:3. have multiple calling times across timezones - say 9AM to 9 PM for Eastern but 1PM to 5PM for central and so on.

This one will be quite difficult and database intensive since calling time restrictions are already very complicated and this would increas
e that. It might also be interesting to do different time-zone calling restrictions per list.

mflorell wrote:
rajeevpn wrote:4. Scrubbing a la bulcrack's post with php frontend- should have a beta version up next week.

Can you describe a little more detail the scrubbing features?

Essentially what Tygra does. Suppose we have a bunch of lists already in the database. Before you upload a new one, you scrub the new list
against the existing ones and upload only the unique leads (unique as in the phone number).
rajeevpn

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:43 am

I added a lead duplicate scrubbing option to the command-line lead loader for this release although I have not added the option to the web-based lead loaders which would be a good idea.

As for the lead maintenance features like setting leads to DEAD and such, that would probably best be handled with a separate script that would be in the crontab and take settings from the list modification screen. Do you have any other suggestions for other features that should go into lead manitenence?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bulcrack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 am

I think its good to have a batch adding and removing of dnc list.
bulcrack

Postby kchung » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:41 pm

What I would like to see is 2 DNC tables: company and federal.

Company stays in the DB like how the DNC table is now; scrub at realtime.

For Federal, you upload it and then choose which list to scrub against and marked status as DNC. There's no need to scrub against it in realtime since we only need to update DNC every 31 days.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:13 pm

At this point there are over 129,000,000 numbers in the federal DNC list, that's almost 3GB of MySQL data just for the list, not to mention the amount of time and resources needed to do checks against it, so don't plan on loading your list while you're running in production.

It should be possible to add and not that difficult to add a separate search option to the lead loader. Please submit a feature request in the issue tracker.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:28 pm

We've had that discussion before :O)

I'd recommend people upload one state at a time to scrub existing lists as their DNC expire.

After you're done scrubbing, drop that table!

Queue up the scrubs for afterhours scrubbing.
kchung

Postby skiv » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:26 am

Hi Guys,
What about flexible leads? There can be a constant list of fields in the leads, and proabably the filexible one, that can be set up manually (via some config wizard) and mantained by the whole vicidial - IMHO it will increase the usability so much.
I see a lot of places in the code that should be changed, however the benefits are evident.
Moreover, sometimes leads should be syncronized with some CRM system, probably some kind of sync mechanism can be developed.
Have a nice time
Alex
Alex K
skiv

Return to Development