VICIDIAL consultative transfers

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL consultative transfers

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:37 pm

I just finished testing of Consultative transfers in VICIDIAL and we plan on doing some live in production tests tomorrow.

A consultative transfer is where the fronter would stay on the line with the customer, place a call to the closer(wait on hold if necessary) and then talk to the closer and leave the conference with the customer and closer still talking to each other.

There are several extra steps for the fronter and this only works with the 2-X SVN codebase as of 4PM EST 2006-08-08.

Admin Setup:
- in campaign detail screen one of the transfer number presets must be set to CXFER
- more info in the admin help popup

Fronter procedure:
- with customer on line, open transfer-conf frame
- press the "D1" preset on the right side
- press dial-with-customer or park-customer-dial
- talk with closer agent when they come on the line
- when it's time to leave, click on leave-3way-call button and dispo the call

If you want to try this out, here is a new SVN howto for the project:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/index.php/SVN:howto
mflorell
Site Admin

Leave-3way-call Button - Not Clicable - Intermittent

Postby chrisls » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:10 am

We have been using the procedure that you posted in this thread for doing consultative transfers. Its been working great about 98% of the time.

We have seen instances however where the agent is able to park the dial the transfer number (with the lead still on the line) but is unable to leave the 3-way call because that button is not "clickable". Somehow it just looses the ability to be clicked.

The VD version we are running is 1.1.12-3.

This problem doesn't happen on a regular basis. We were using IE at first but then switched over to FireFox. When we switched browsers the problem still persists.

Has anyone out there experienced this issue?

Thanks - Chris
chrisls

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:58 pm

You should upgrade to 2.0.1 since that is the version that I am working on right now.

We have noticed this problem as well on loaded servers. We cannot duplicate on a server with a very low loadavg.
mflorell
Site Admin

differences between consultative transfers

Postby eijal » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:31 pm

What is the difference between Internal Consultative transfers and Local Consultative transfers. When I must use one and when the other one.

I have:

1 DATABASE/WEB server
1 ASTERISK/VICIDIAL server

I must use internal or local consultative transfers

THANKS
eijal

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:35 am

For consultative transfers you do not use Local or Internal, you use the CXFER preset that you enter for the campaign and clock dial-with-customer.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development