red5 and vicidial

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

red5 and vicidial

Postby brett05 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 pm

hi
it is possible to make red5phone with vicidial without putting login and password in the login agent page as techbugs interface have do ?
Jasperreports & Queuemetrics & SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons
Freepbx||Billing||Centos||Opensuse||Debian||Centos||Fedora||Sangoma||Diguim
brett05

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 am

I've seen at least 6 web-based phones work with Vicidial, it's really not that difficult to set up on the vicidial side since the webphone appears in an Iframe. You would need to write the PHP script to take the variables from vicidial and open the page in the iframe with the proper code to launch the red5 webphone.

Keep in mind that red5 requires the flash plugin on the agent side and is only capable of sending calls ULAW, so no high compression codecs are available. Also, you need to have a server component to bridge the call to Asterisk, which is one more server process to manage, and another server process to reduce capacity on your vicidial server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby joako » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 am

This is an interesting topic. Is there any web-based phone you suggest?

Right now I use Xlite. The issue is Xlite and & EyeBeem are both intentionally coded against Microsoft's suggestions. They place their settings in LocalSettings folder so as to intentionally break roaming profiles support!
joako

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:44 am

We suggest Zoiper webphone. Xlite is a soft-phone, not a webphone.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby techbugs » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 am

hi.. flash is still the easiest solution among all available options (it is available out of the box in google chrome)..

red5 supports g729,ulaw and speex.. that is on the agent side.. on the provider side there is no limitation any codec that asterisk supports.

please look at the codes available at http://kstych.com it is fairly easy to setup (just download and run the install script) and gets rid of the agents needing to mess with any phone login/application entirely.
techbugs

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 am

keep in mind that using the red5 webphone does require extra resources on your server that are not needed when using a standard softphone.
mflorell
Site Admin

thanks

Postby brett05 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:40 pm

yeahh it's working very good with red5
ihave use webphone and softphone but i have found that red5 is more good and more fast

and big thanks to techbugs
Jasperreports & Queuemetrics & SugarCRM integration - Customization and Add-ons
Freepbx||Billing||Centos||Opensuse||Debian||Centos||Fedora||Sangoma||Diguim
brett05

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Something else to mention, Phono has announced that they are going to open-source their flash-based phone(front-end and back-end). No mention of a release date, but Phono has been around for years and it will be very interesting to compare it to red5 once it's out.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 am

Been using phono for an app but not on VICIDIAL. the problem with phono is that you need their gateway for media.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:16 am

At Astricon they did mention that the Phono gateway would also be open-sourced, and that they were in the process of getting it ready for that.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah they had been saying that for months now.

I seriously hope they will.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby Acidshock » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Problem with most of the Flash based stuff is the requiring of a transcoding server right? From what I understand Flash has no native support for any of the codecs and there for requires a server to transcode to its native format. So either way its still a lot of extra overhead. Hopefully Adobe will add native sip support in future versions but I wont hold my breath on Adobe actually doing any real development. They just seem to buy out anyone that has a feature they want.
Acidshock

Re: red5 and vicidial

Postby joako » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am

Is there some drop-in SIP phone component for the client side? Currently working on a project for an explorer.exe replacement centered around vicidial!
joako

Return to Development