more reliable German language file for svn1915 - client only

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

more reliable German language file for svn1915 - client only

Postby Framercy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello,

I put up a completely overworked and more reliable German client translation for SVN rev. 1915 on Mantis.

I failed to translate the scripts with 'build_translation_www_files.pl' on my own because even if I did it right
(I made my own translations with older VD versions) the resulting translated scripts are completely unusable and mixed up.

Can someone help out here please and build working scripts with my translation file?

Best regards
Fram
Ubuntu 10.04 on Dell PE 2900 III 2x Intel Xeon CPU 2.66GHz|4xSAS RAID6+2xSAS RAID1|Vicidial 2.6-392a BUILD 130102-1135|DB1337|Asterisk 1.4.39.1vici|DAHDI 2.5.0.1|Libpri1.4.10.1| Voicetime 1.0.15|20 places|Sangoma USB-UT50 timer|4Mbit SDSL SIP trunking
Framercy

Re: more reliable German language file for svn1915 - client

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Please post your file to the Issue Tracker.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Framercy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:23 pm

It's already there Matt....

Thank for the quick response...

Best regards
Fram
Ubuntu 10.04 on Dell PE 2900 III 2x Intel Xeon CPU 2.66GHz|4xSAS RAID6+2xSAS RAID1|Vicidial 2.6-392a BUILD 130102-1135|DB1337|Asterisk 1.4.39.1vici|DAHDI 2.5.0.1|Libpri1.4.10.1| Voicetime 1.0.15|20 places|Sangoma USB-UT50 timer|4Mbit SDSL SIP trunking
Framercy

Postby Framercy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello there,

today I found some time to manually update (with extensive use of Diff and Meld) the German agent interface scripts to svn1915 and to correct most of the mistakes that came with the Google translator. Further I added missing translations terms from the past and from the added 2.6 parts.

Wide parts of the translation were much better than that from the past versions. - So I found the shipped translation as a good starting point, better than my translation affords of rev. 2.4 ever were, and so I decided this time not to translate from scratch.

The scripts are working so far and testing or bug fixing on test environment is scheduled to Friday and the weekend, productive testing with Agents to the begin of next week.

If everything works as expected I will upload the German scripts to the issue tracker in the end of next week.

Best regards
Fram
Framercy

Re: more reliable German scripts for svn1915 - client only

Postby Framercy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Finally the so far the working German scripts are on the issue tracker.
It is far from being perfect and I suppose I didn't managed to catch everything but I fixed endless before untranslated or misspelled terms in a more consistence and reliable way.
I changed some rare css positions inside the scripts to fix some overlapping display elements.
Further I had to restore the names of some spans divs and variables to their originals (they where mixed up by the perl translation script since years and broke some functions - CallNotesSpan became CalLAnmerkungenSpan and ViewNotesLog() changed to ViewAnmerkungenLog() for example what broke the call notes view...) to get the things consistent...

I wasn't able to test all of the to many interface functions - the main focus led on the most common features here...

Note: I forgot to delete my option file from the archive please delete it!

Best regards
Fram
Framercy

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 am

Interesting! but I'm not sure they really are broken, because the translation-script changes the word on every place it appears.
so both the id id="CalLAnmerkungenDisplaYBox" and the function hideDiv('CalLAnmerkungenDisplaYBox')

but yeah it should be fixed...

checked it out and seams like its ok to just remove the line that messes things up:
Notes||

because "Notes" is being translated with these further down in the translation-files
Notes: ||
Call Notes:||
Call Notes List||
view notes||
CALL NOTES LOG||
Close Call Notes||

and looking at the files after a translation without "Notes||" i can see this:
grep -n 'Notes' www/agc_se/*.php
Code: Select all
www/agc_se/vdc_db_query.php:8439:   ### BEGIN Call Notes Logging ###
www/agc_se/vdc_db_query.php:8465:   ### END Call Notes Logging ###
www/agc_se/vdc_script_notes.php:320:echo "<title>ViciDial Notes";
www/agc_se/vdc_script_notes.php:603:<TD ALIGN=CENTER COLSPAN=2><FONT FACE="ARIAL,HELVETICA" size=2>Appointment Notes:<BR><TEXTAREA NAME=call_notes ID=call_notes ROWS=5 COLS=50><?php echo $call_notes ?></TEXTAREA></font><br>
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:9900:            document.getElementById("PerCallNotesContent").innerHTML = "<br /><b><font size=\"3\">Samtalsanteckningar: </font></b><br /><textarea name=\"call_notes_dispo\" id=\"call_notes_dispo\" rows=\"2\" cols=\"100\" class=\"cust_form_text\" value=\"\">" + document.vicidial_form.call_notes.value + "</textarea>";
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:9904:            document.getElementById("PerCallNotesContent").innerHTML = "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"call_notes_dispo\" id=\"call_notes_dispo\" value=\"\" />";
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:12703:   function VieWNotesLoG(logframe)
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:12705:      showDiv('CalLNotesDisplaYBox');
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:12737:               document.getElementById('CallNotesSpan').innerHTML = xmlhttp.responseText + "\n";
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:13213:         hideDiv('CalLNotesDisplaYBox');
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:13238:            hideDiv('CallNotesButtons');
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:14536:         {echo "<br /><span id=\"CallNotesButtons\"><a href=\"#\" onclick=\"VieWNotesLoG();return false;\">visa anteckningar</a></span> ";}
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:14542:        echo " </td><td align=\"left\" colspan=5><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"call_notes\" id=\"call_notes\" value=\"\" /><span id=\"CallNotesButtons\"></span>\n";
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:14990:   <span id="PerCallNotesContent"><input type="hidden" name="call_notes_dispo" id="call_notes_dispo" value="" /></span>
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:15297:<span style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;z-index:<?php $zi++; echo $zi ?>;" id="CalLNotesDisplaYBox">
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:15298:   <table border="1" bgcolor="#CCFFCC" width="<?php echo $CAwidth ?>px" height="<?php echo $WRheight ?>px"><tr><td align="center" valign="top"> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; LOGG FÖR SAMTALSANTECKNINGAR: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="#" onclick="hideDiv('CalLNotesDisplaYBox');return false;">close [X]</a><br />
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:15303:   <div class="scroll_calllog" id="CallNotesSpan"> Lista för samtalsanteckningar </div>
www/agc_se/vicidial.php:15305:   <a href="#" onclick="hideDiv('CalLNotesDisplaYBox');return false;">Stäng Info Box</a>

(rev 1919) No missing translations except "ViciDial Notes" and "Appointment Notes:" which anyway would look weird if just "Notes" were translated.
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby Framercy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

The problem with the call notes came from: ViewNotesLog() changed to ViewAnmerkungenLog() in the function call...

There where really much untranslated terms in the scripts starting from the table headers in the log views and not ending to words like DIAL, back, exit, skip previous, date, time and so on....

I think that the perl translation script is pretty useless in its state because it mixes up the whole generated scripts totally.
And so to me it makes much more work to fix this generated scripts than to translate from scratch with help of meld...

Best regards
Fram
Framercy

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 am

oh yeah your right

grep -n 'VieWNotesLoG' /srv/www/htdocs/agc_se/*.php
/srv/www/htdocs/agc_se/vicidial.php:11505: function VieWNotesLoG(logframe)

grep -n 'VieWAnteckningarLoG' /srv/www/htdocs/agc_se/*.php
/srv/www/htdocs/agc_se/vicidial.php:13262: {echo "<br /><span id=\"CallAnteckningarButtons\"><a href=\"#\" onclick=\"VieWAnteckningarLoG();return false;\">visa anteckningar</a></span> ";}

aha! To bad the function name wasn't translated because of this line:
build_translation_www_files.pl line 329
Code: Select all
if ($file[$LINESct] !~ /^\#|^\s*function |'INCALL'|'PAUSED'|'READY'|'NEW'|xmlhttp|ILPV |ILPA |SELECT cmd_line_f|=\"SELECT|Header\(\"/)

but i think that this can be fixed by changing the translation.txt-files removing one-word translations with at least things similar to: "Notes: "
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby Framercy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

@DomeDan

Your with build_translation_www_files.pl generated scripts are usable and something worth???

- Mine are not...^^ (see upper posts)

So I think that

changing the translation.txt-files removing one-word translations

will not be enough here to get some useful stuff after running the perl script...

Best regards
Fram
Framercy

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

Framercy:
Yeah, I got a few agents using the Swedish translation but obviously some functions wont work :lol: just unlucky we don't use the functions that are broken (because then I had noticed this earlier)

Framercy "will not be enough here to get some useful stuff after running the perl script...":
I do not agree, I think the translation-script can be used to create a working agent-interface if the translation-files is looked over!
and the script might need a look over too, it haven't been touched in almost 3 years it seams.

I wrote this command to check where the translation will break functionality:
cat translations/se_language.txt | grep -v 'agc|' | cut -d'|' -f1 | grep -v '^#' | grep -v '^*' | grep -v ' ' | sed 's/\"/\\\"/g' | xargs -I {} grep --color -n -e '{}' www/agc/*.php
grep -v 'agc|' = dont check the special ***FILES*** rows
cut -d'|' -f1 = look for the english word thats gonna be translated
grep -v '^#' | grep -v '^*' = dont check commented rows or special rows
grep -v ' ' = dont check translations with space, because functions and variable names normally don't contain spaces
sed 's/\"/\\\"/g' = set " to \" to make the grep look for strings with quotes like "JAN"
grep --color -n -e = color to make the string easy to spot, -n to view the row-number, -e to be able to search for strings containing - like -READY

and I can see a few places where it will translate functions and variables.
DomeDan

Postby Framercy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 am

Wow
cat translations/se_language.txt | grep -v 'agc|' | cut -d'|' -f1 | grep -v '^#' | grep -v '^*' | grep -v ' ' | sed 's/\"/\\\"/g' | xargs -I {} grep --color -n -e '{}' www/agc/*.php

what an expession.
I'm totally impressed... cause I'm not so heavy in reg-expressions for my part.

Would be nice if you or one could fix the perl translate script - because that's behind my possibilities right now.

Best regards
Fram
Framercy

Postby DomeDan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 am

Well it can be done with less pipes I guess but it did the work anyway :P

I continue this translation issue in a separate thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26801 because its a bit off this topic "more reliable German language"
DomeDan

Return to Development