Problem with external_dial and Alt-Number Dialing

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problem with external_dial and Alt-Number Dialing

Postby delphus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 am

Hi everyone,

I need some help.

I'm integrating our CRM solutions with Vicidial. I want to congratulate with you because it works really good.

I'm encountering this problem:

we need to manage automatic callbacks. The callbacks must be USERONLY. I solved this issue using external_dial API: at scheduled time I put in agent manual queue the lead calling external_dial api passing the lead_id and it works fine.

But sometimes the lead is passed to another agent and this cause confusion. Investigating the issue, it seems that, when the customer doesn't answer on principal phone number, vicidial try to call on alt_phone and, if the customer replies, the lead is passed to another agent.

The campaign has Auto Alt-Number Dialing = ALT_AND_ADDR3 and Manual Dial API = QUEUE_AND_AUTOCALL

How can I fix it?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english
Vicibox 5.0.3 from .iso | Vicidial 2.8-377c Build 130802-1134| Asterisk 1.8.23.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Vmware Esxi 5.1
delphus

Re: Problem with external_dial and Alt-Number Dialing

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 am

If you are doing manual dialing in a campaign then you shouldn't have auto-alt-dialing enabled or this is what will happen. Auto-alt-dialing is triggered on the disposition of a call, so one way you could fix this is to have special non-auto-alt-dial statuses that agents should use only for manual dial dispositioning.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby delphus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks for your answer.

But the auto-alt-dialing is triggered because VDAD set the lead in status AB.

Can I avoid that VDAD set the lead in status AB on manual dial?

This is the scenario:

1. Agent A call external_dial on phone_number of the lead X
2. VDAD set status of lead X to AB because the customer is busy
3. Vicidial call alt_phone for the lead X
4. Agent B receives the lead X
5. Agent A re-dispose lead X on scheduled CALLBK changing scheduled time

Can I avoid step 2 and let the lead on status CALLBK?

Thanks
Vicibox 5.0.3 from .iso | Vicidial 2.8-377c Build 130802-1134| Asterisk 1.8.23.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Vmware Esxi 5.1
delphus

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:41 am

There is no configuration to set so that the system will catch that it was a manual dial call in an auto-dial campaign. I'm sure that something could be added, but it won't be a simple fix. Probably a 4 hour programming job if we were to quote it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby delphus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:57 am

There are other ways to implement the issue (automatic scheduled callbacks assigned to a specified agent)?

I read somewhere that the way to implement automatic scheduled callback is to use status CBHOLD and add the status CALLBK in Dial Status To Be Called in the campaign settings. But using this solutions scheduled callbacks risk to be dropped (and we want to absolutely avoid this), so I used manual dial as workaround.

Thank you very much for your availability and for your quickness.
delphus

Return to Development