2.0.1 beta release is out!

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

2.0.1 beta release is out!

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:14 pm

For those of you that have been asking for true Predictive dialing in VICIDIAL, it is finally here for you to test with the 2.0.1b1 release of astGUIclient-VICIDIAL. That and many other great changes await you in the first beta of the 2.0 tree of astGUIclient, here's a list of what's changed from 1.1.12:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/index.php/TODO:current

This beta release has a very different structure so please read the INSTALL and UPDATE documents at the root of the release.

Please post any issues you have with it and hopefully within the next couple weeks we will be able to do a full release.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=111827
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:28 pm

You are the man!
enjay

wow

Postby espencer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:46 am

very different from previous version! lot of work. in case others have similar questions:

can't find a sample astguiclient.conf file -- did i find a plan for the future? astguiclient.conf is a great idea! .

should we run install.pl and copy over our existing installation or should we delete what we have in our webroot and home/cron and start over?

no AST_SERVER_conf.pl. i reckon the necessary stuff is tucked away somewhere else. I do see we can edit install.pl.

in past, cron directory is location of files run by crontab. should upgraders be copying the files from the bin directory into this directory in order to keep crontab working as before?

thanks!

this is an exciting release.
espencer

Re: wow

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:47 pm

espencer wrote:very different from previous version! lot of work. in case others have similar questions:

can't find a sample astguiclient.conf file -- did i find a plan for the future? astguiclient.conf is a great idea! .

perl install.pl will create it for you, this file replaces AST_SERVER_conf.pl and the need to customize the dbconnect.php files.

should we run install.pl and copy over our existing installation or should we delete what we have in our webroot and home/cron and start over?

You might want to try installing in new default app directory of /usr/share/astguiclient

no AST_SERVER_conf.pl. i reckon the necessary stuff is tucked away somewhere else. I do see we can edit install.pl.

no need for AST_SERVER_conf.pl or editing the install.pl file. Just run it, it's interactive with prompts.

in past, cron directory is location of files run by crontab. should upgraders be copying the files from the bin directory into this directory in order to keep crontab working as before?

That's up to you, I have been changing the crontab entries to the new /usr/share/astguiclient paths of the scripts, but you can just use the old /home/cron if you like.

thanks!
this is an exciting release.

Thank you, it has a lot of big changes.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mtancoff » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Welcome good news!

I´m starting rigth now to install V 2.0.1 in an our testing enviroment.

Congratulations!
mtancoff

really like 2.0

Postby espencer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:52 am

really like 2.0

these are my feedback notes so far:

No project_auth_entries.txt made in astguiclient web directory

Perl scripts that were in /home/cron now in /usr/share/astguiclient (this changes crontab step of scratch install)

### start up asterisk
/home/cron/start_asterisk_boot.pl

/usr/share/astguiclient/start_asterisk_boot.pl

since i have never played with a predictive dialer before i am not sure i can input much on how it operates.
espencer

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 am

Thanks for the notes. The paths issues in documentation have been fixed in SVN 2-X and I do plan on releasing 2.0.1b2 later today.

As for the "No project_auth_entries.txt made in astguiclient web directory"

Is the directory world writable?

What is it's dbconnect.php $WeBRooTWritablE variable set to?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby espencer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:58 pm

webrootwriteable was set to 1. directories, however, were not world writeable.

thanks again!
espencer

Return to Development