3 Way Calls Recording

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

3 Way Calls Recording

Postby udy786 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 am

Hi,
If the agent leaves the 3way call, How are we going to continue the recording? Will it create single recording of three way call or it will create another recording Agent leaves three way transfer call?

If it will create a new recording when the 3-way is launched then how mix all this conversation in single recording file only. is that possible?
<=================================================================================================================================>
I have implemented some ideas that I got from this forum. I have created a new dial plan and called agi-NVA_recording.agi file. Using this agi I am getting recording in Mix folder with phone numbers.

Problem is, not able to identify recording. My client have a number where all agents have make conference and then tranfer (3 Way call). So every time customer number is different but transfer number is same so in Mix folder all recording created by same phone number. In a day, we are making apporx 200 conference and transfer so its too much difficult to identify which transfer recording is for a number. I have tried using date and time but its not working becasue at a same time may be two agents making transfer on a same number. So its not working.

I have tried other method to make both recording's file name same. I have passed first call's file to that agi from agent screen. But may be some bug in vicidial thats why I am not able to pass any variable. Let me explain what I did from my side. I have made some changes in agent screen and passed first call's recording file name to Originate and asigned in variable. At dial plan set that variable's value and passed in agi-NVA_recording.agi argument. In agi-NVA_recording.agi, filename= first call recoriding file name. So using this it was vary easy to identify both recording. But not able to pass variable in Originate. In code part, I saw line "due to a bug in Asterisk, these call variables do not actually work". If is possible to solve this bug or its alreayd solved then please guide me on this.

Help me on this for devlopment to fetch 3 way calls recoridng.

My Server Details:-
GoAuto:- 2.1
Vicidial:- VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
© 2011 ViciDial Group
Asterisk:- 1.4.39
udy786

Re: 3 Way Calls Recording

Postby williamconley » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 pm

If you search the forums for this you will find it. Also updating will get a better ability to manage this, as I recall features related to this have been updated. But do the search first and you will likely find what you seek. Likely with Step By Step instructions on more than one occasion. In fact, this may even be in the latest manual!
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Development