real robust callcenter integration--softswitch

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

real robust callcenter integration--softswitch

Postby smth » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:05 am

Hi ,
As my knowlegde, the Softswitch(FS) opensource already released.it has completely deferent architecture with PBX(asterisk),but it almost backs up all communiction protocols that asterisk has.
So what I suggest is that please develop the interface of vicidial to Softswitch(FS). It this integration is implemented , hat does mean different. A real robust system will go on stage. this soft switch can carry 3000 cocurrent calls ,up to 6000 cocurrent calls on dual core hardware.

Another recommanded improtant improving for vicidial is changing its architecture(if possible) to give callcenter groups frame with one softswitch. if so ,only one system in one server is enough to work well with a couple of individual callcenter customers and so many agent's seats .

I have point with that. To integrate with vicidial and softswitch,all interface among them need be change.

To modify the archtecture of vicidial seems to be crazy. however, some of really need modification. such as languages not dynamic loading ,differet languages need different program file. this is kind of archtecture problems.
Generally, the first challenge is integrating vici and Softswitch. I believe it could be revolutionary for vici call center'perspective.

Thanks
smth

Postby ramindia » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi

Freeswitch still in beta i belive when i was testing

did they released, iam not sure

But Freeswitch does not do any transcoding, they do passthrough

need to port lot of other things like meetme

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Return to Development