database suggestions

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

database suggestions

Postby bobbymc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:40 am

any kind of reference to columns such as campaign_id or user should be done via a int that auto increments.. for example campaign_id should be self generated and people should only be able to choose the campaign name.. this way allot of database transactions will run faster.. im sure u know this already but i thought i jsut remind you guys..

i got some other index and table type suggestions for database performance.. let me know how i can contribute that exacly.. i can provide database schemes?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:29 am

You should check out SVN trunk, we've added several indexes recently that help responsiveness of the database.

Please share yours as well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:59 pm

i will go throw my database and try to find any ods that heled out.. here is a first one.. for vicidial_manager

KEY `improve_speed` (`server_ip`,`status`,`action`,`callerid`),
KEY `serverstat` (`server_ip`,`status`)
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:01 pm

what i also did it change the table type of vicidial_manager to innodb because of high volume traffic causes locks.. i did the same with vicidial_list but in order to still keep the speed efficiency ont he read i had to add this index for the hopper script to work fine

KEY `hopper_index` (`called_since_last_reset`,`status`,`list_id`,`gmt_offset_now`)
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:08 pm

the downside of making vicidial_list innodb is that sometimes the hoper script takes a bit longer with over 100 campaigns.. so in order to prevent the script from crashing i had to add that hopper code addition in my other post.. this way in case the hopper script for some reason does take longer then a minute to run.. it will not allow itself to run more then 3 instances

i understand 100 campaign is crazy.. but some offices literally want every user to have their own campaign
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Here is an updated post on issues with using Innodb with VICIDIAL:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... 6376#26376
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development